Chapter 49

Sameera's P.O.V.

I rang the doorbell of Nikhil's hotel room. The door opened immediately. The moment Nikhil saw me there was a huge grin on his face. A grin I haven't seen since a long time on his face. Looks like he really is happy that I came to meet him. This made me feel I did the right thing coming here. May be?

"Hello Sam!" Nikhil greeted me.

"Hello Nikhil!" I said.

He invited me inside and made me sit on the sofa.

Looking at him, I can be sure that he is drunk. Totally drunk. But it's Nikhil! I know he can handle himself.

"Would you like to have something? Should I order something for you?" He asked taking the Intercom in his hand.

"No. Just tell me what do you want to talk about." I said. I don't want to waste my time.

"I just wanted to apologise." He said softly.

"You could have done that on the phone as well." I said.

"I could...but...but I wanted to tell you in person. I want to apologise and say sorry for everything that I did. I know I can't undo whatever I did. I know I treated you badly and I know I shouldn't have had done all that. But I was mad. Crazy. To make my business grow. You know how my father always thought I won't be able to handle his business without him. So, I wanted to prove him wrong. So, I just wanted to grow my business. By hook or crook. But, I just got too carried away and didn't think that I was hurting my friend in the process. Please forgive me. Please forgive your friend." He explained. He sounded so genuine that for a second I thought of forgiving him. But I can't. His genuineness can't make me forget his mistakes. Not mistakes, his crimes!

"A sorry isn't enough. It's a small word for whatever you have done." I said.

"I know. I know sorry is just a word. Sorry can't make things right. So, I want a chance to make things right." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him confused.

"A chance is all I want." He said. "Give our marriage a chance. Trust me I will make everything right. I will treat you like a queen. I will give you everything that a girl wants. Dresses, jewellery, cars, every luxurious thing that you want. Trust me, Sameera! I will treat you right this time." He explained desperately.

"Shut up!" I shouted at him. "That's not want a girl wants. A girl wants respect! But you have disrespected me!" I told him. This is the most basic thing!

"I know! And I am sorry. But give me a chance, I will make everything right. I will do everything that you want me to do." He said desperately. His desperation scared me. The way he said it looked so dangerous as if his world depends on it.

Now I know he doesn't love me at all. He never did! Then what is this desperation for?

"Nikhil listen, this can't happen. I came here for a closure. We can't get back together. It's better if you cooperate and move on." I said politely.

"You have to give me a chance!" He shouted. "Samajh nahi aata? You are going to call you stupid father and tell him you are going with me to New York. I won't let your Dad spoil my business because of you!" (Trnsl- Can't you understand?)

He looked like a fucking moster shouting like that. It made me realise he can do anything. He is even drunk right now. So, I said, "Nikhil listen we can talk about it sometime later."

After that I started going back towards the door to leave. But he ran towards me and held my hand and pushed me towards the bed which made me fall on it.