Chapter 44

Sameera's P.O.V.

"Sameera."

"Sameera get up." Someone said and then I felt a hand on my shoulder and then someone shook me.

"Sameera wake up!"

"Let me sleep." I whined.

"Sameera!" Someone screamed in my right ear.

Ayan. Is it Ayan's voice.

What is he doing on my bed? I opened one of my eyes and found him staring at me. I slowly opened my other eye and looked at him.

Then I remembered.

Shit! I slept on his sofa in his office. I got up and looked at him.

"Let's go." He said.

I yawned. I looked at my phone to check the the time. 2:03 a.m. Nice. I yawned again while Aayansh stared at me. But I don't care. I am damn sleepy and he woke me up.

"Get up! We are leaving." He said.

I got up and we walked towards the lift. He opened the lift and before he could enter I entered inside. After that he entered and closed the door. I leaned towards a corner and put my head against the wall and closed my eyes.

"You can't be this sleepy! You just slept like a log." He commented.

"You can't be this not sleepy! It's 2 a.m. Aren't you tired." I said. This man works like a horse.

"I am. Very. After all you are here to irritate me." He said.

I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Seriously, why do you work so late everyday. Don't you get tired?" I asked since the receptionist said that he always works late.

"I have to. Everybody isn't born with a silver spoon like you."

Okay so we are not past the taunting stage. I get it.

"But now I am also in that phase." I pointed that out.

"No you are not! You still can go back to your father whenever you are broke. Infact you knew earlier as well that he won't let you live on the roads if you didn't have money."

He has a point. Deep down I always knew I can go back to Dad whenever I need him. Atleast financially. But it's about my self respect which is more important than financial stability.

"But still. You can atleast take a break. You are working too much Ayan. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's okay to take a break." I said.

"I don't want you to tell me what to do." He said rudely.

"Sorry!" I apologised. He is right. I shouldn't interfere. It's his life. He knows what is better for himself.

We reached the ground floor and he directed me towards his car. I am not feeling so sleepy anymore. Aayansh's words were enough to wake me up.

Aayansh sat on the driver's seat and I sat on the front passenger seat. And then he started driving.

There was a peaceful silence among us.

After some time Aayansh asked me, "Tell me one thing. What would you have done if I wouldn't have had given you this job?" He asked out of the blue.

I have never asked myself this question before. I never even thought about it.

"I don't know. I would have had tried somewhere else." I said.

"Do you think you would get the job?" He asked me.