Chapter 57

Sameera's P.O.V.

I took the knife and just before I started to cut, my eyes went towards the two figures who just entered through the door.

I kept the knife on the table and ran to him.

"You came." I said and beamed at him.

"Yes, I did." Ayan replied.

I couldn't control and hugged him. "Thank you!" I said.

He just smiled at me. I looked at Karthik and said, "Thank you for coming."

I went back and cut the cake.

I offered the first piece of cake to Kriti, then Dad and Mom. Then the waiter took the cake to distribute it among everybody else later.

After sometime, Kriti came and asked, "what is Karthik doing here?"

"I invited Ayan, so I thought why not also invite his brother." I said casually and shrugged it off.

"Stop lying Sam. I know you did it with the motive to play cupid." She said.

"If you know then why are you asking me. Stupid girl. Now go and talk to him." I said and surprisingly she did went to him and held his hand and took him somewhere.

I looked everywhere and smiled finding Ayan alone now. He was going to where Dad was but I ran upto him and caught his hand and said, "Come let's dance." He didn't object and I took him to the middle of the hall where everyone were dancing.

Just when we started dancing, the song changed to a romantic one. Everyone made a couple with the people they were close to. So, I took Ayan's hand and kept it on my waist and we started swaying together to the music.

We were perfectly in sync. I couldn't believe Aayansh Singhania could dance so well.

He was so well that I was just following what he was doing. Our eyes were locked at each other. And at that moment everything stopped and all that mattered was us. It was as if I was in a daze.

I couldn't stop myself from admiring the man in front of me. How didn't I ever looked at him like this? He looks ethereal. His brown eyes are so beautiful. I am sure brown eyes have never looked so beautiful on anyone else before. They were so deep and were staring back at me with equal fervour.

We both kept staring at each other intensely while dancing. Our trance broke when the music stopped and loud clappings resonated in the entire hall. We backed off from each other and looked around us. Everyone were looking at us. I had no idea when did we caught the attention of everyone present in the room.

I quickly left the dance floor and went to my sister who was also looking at us. "Karthik can you please excuse us?" I asked Karthik who was standing beside him.

"What the hell was that, Sam? Are you both back together?" She asked.

"No!!" I replied.

"Then what was all that?"

"It was just a dance. No big deal." I shrugged it off.

"It was a big deal. You both were only looking at each other as if you are in love and everyone in this room, was looking at the both of you with adoration. Both of you didn't even notice that."

"We just got carried away while dancing."

"Di, please be honest with me. And with yourself as well." She said.

"Kriti there isn't anything like that. Even if there was, what's wrong in that?" I asked her.

"There's nothing wrong. But, I am worried, for you. I am scared that if you both get back together, will he trust you now? I know you made some mistakes but you didn't deserve to be ghosted like that, di. I have seen you heartbroken after your break up. I have seen you trying to talk to him just once. I can't see you like that again! Please di, take decisions carefully this time." She said.