Chapter 8

Aayansh's P. O. V.

"Kavya I can't find the file." I shouted at my sister who was on the other side of the phone.

"I don't understand Bhai why do you have to need a file always so late at night. I will give you when I will come tomorrow." She said through the phone.

"I don't get time in the morning besides I need it now. Why don't you keep everything in their place properly?" I told her.

We fought for sometime when I finally found the file. I came to the studio only to get the file. No way I was going back without it.

When I sat on my car to return, there was a knock on the window on my car. Sameera was standing on the door. I was certain that she is here to say something back at what happened earlier but when I rolled the window of my car down, she just asked, "Can you drop me to my home."

I was shocked would be an understatement.

The Sameera Oberoi I knew would never ask for my help after what I said earlier.

It was strange. Well Sameera is always strange ever since she has returned.

"Yeah, sure!" I answered.

She came and sat on the passenger seat and wearing her seat belts, she thanked me and said, "Drop me in the orphanage today as well."

"What were you doing this late in the office?" I asked her when she was done.

"I was helping Chhavi with The Sharmas' order. The kurtis one."

"Chhavi was working this late? She always goes early for her daughter."

"No only I was working." She informed me.

"Oh!"

While our ride I remembered what happened in my office earlier and how mean I became. I just couldn't control myself after listening to her accusations. I didn't want to and I tried controlling myself from saying something which would hurt her feelings but I ended up doing the exact same thing. Even when I said those words I knew I would regret them later and I did when I saw tears forming in her eyes when I finished. I should apologize. I thought to myself but before I could say anything she said,

"Listen Aayansh, I am really sorry. I didn't want to interfere between you and your brother and I am really sorry for eavesdropping."

"Is something wrong?" I asked her surprised.

"No, why?" She asked confused.

"Because the Sameera I knew would never say sorry to anyone especially after they say so much to them." I said. Well it was hypocrite of me to accuse her when I have also behaved the same way when we first met. But that was a long time ago and also this girl has the ultimate talent to always bring out the worst in me!

"Please I am not like that. I do say sorry when I know I am wrong. And I know I shouldn't listen to the conversations you have inside your cabin and should not interfere in your personal matters." She said irritated with my comment.

I scoffed at that. She is exactly like that. And saying sorry has never been her thing. She has always been unapologetic. I mean she has so many things to apologise for.

"But on a serious note, is something wrong? You are doing a job without even completing your graduation and you were literally begging me for it and now I don't see you travelling by your car. Is something wrong?" I asked something which has been on my mind ever since she's here. I tried to stop myself from asking her that everytime but my curiosity and concern took over my will to not interfere with whatever's happening in her life.