Chapter 56

Sameera's P.O.V.

It's my birthday today!

I am in the office right now working on the designs for the anniversary party with my team of five.

I wanted to take off today, but the work pressure is just too much. For the last few days my team and I have been constantly working on the dresses for the party. We even work from home on Sundays.

Everyone of us is excited for it. For all of us it's a big project that we have got to be a part of for the very first time.

Kavya had already seen the work we have done as of now and she looked impressed. She even complimented me. I am surprised with her behaviour towards me. She is being oddly polite to me.

"Okay guys, I need to leave early today. So, you all carry on. If there's something give me a call." I told my team.

"Of course, please. It's your birthday. You came, that's a big deal in itself." Rahul, one of the designers in our team said.

I haven't invited anyone from office apart from Ziya and Chhavi. Chhavi won't be able to make it because of her kid but Ziya is coming.

I also messaged Karthik to come. I haven't heard anything from Kriti about him but I hope they can reconcile and if Karthik comes maybe they will get time to talk. But I know neither he nor his brother is going to grace my birthday party with their presence.

I had to give some important documents to Kavya related to the event of the company's 5th anniversary. It is very important.

But since Kavya wasn't in her office, I went to Ayan to give him. Ayan and I haven't talked since we talked last time when he said he can't see us being friends.

I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He ordered without looking towards the door.

"Ayan..." He looked at me and then I continued, "Kavya asked me to give this to her but she is not in her office."

"Okay. You could have taken a leave, today." He said.

"I had work." I replied.

"Hmm." He hummed and continued his work.

He didn't even wish me.

So, I turned around and was about to leave when he called, "Sameera."

"Yes?"

"Just a minute!" He said and got up from his seat and and took out something from the drawer in his cupboard.

A gift?

For me?

"This is for you." He said handing me the paper bag. I was about to open when he ordered, "Leave!"

"You don't want me to open it in front of you?" I asked him. He blushed at that. Cute.

"Okay I won't," I said and relief flashed over his face.

"Are you coming to the party?" I asked him hopefully.

"I am sorry, but I won't be able to make it." He said.

"It's fine. But it would make me happy if you do." I said.

I waited for him to wish me but he didn't. Well, a gift is all I am going to get from Aayansh Singhania.

Today I didn't get any seat in the bus otherwise I would have looked at what was inside. I tried to but there's a box inside which is packed properly.

On my way to the orphanage, I bought chocolates and gifts for the kids. I even bought new notebooks for them. They have a teacher now, but I still teach them on weekends because they like me so much. Miss Anna was also of the opinion that I shouldn't stop teaching them. So, because of this I know that most of the kids are in need of new notebooks.