Chapter 31 (Past)

Sameera's P.O.V.

"Dad what the hell are you talking about!" Kriti interrupted him.

He then realised what the words that came out of his mouth meant. Mom looked at Dad surprised and shocked.

"Yes you are correct I am not your daughter. All I have been is a burden, Right? Tarnishing your name, embarrassing you, leaving the best husband in the world, no matter if he is sleeping with other girls and cheating on his own wife! But one thing I got to know today is that I am just a burden. Don't worry now you don't need to pretend to be my father. If I can leave my husband, I can also leave my so called Dad! Thanks Dad, thanks for everything!"

"Sameera!" He called my name in a warning.

"I don't need anyone of you!" I screamed and took my suitcase which I have been carrying and left the house. My family kept shouting my name but I didn't stop. I just can't after what I heard!

I kept walking with my suitcase for sometime and reached the bus stand. I sat on the bench there. It was then I realised I don't have anywhere to go! A part of me told me to go back but my ego didn't allow me to! Now I am alone! I don't have anyone neither do I have anywhere to go!

I am alone in this bus stand. I could call my old friends but I didn't because we have lost touch and they weren't even that good friends that I could call them and spend a night there.

I didn't even had much money to book a room in a hotel and I don't want to use my Dad or Nikhil's credit cards. The money I have I would need them for my food.

I sat on the bus stand bench for almost two hours not knowing what to do. My mind could think of only one place where I could at least spend the night. But I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. The orphanage.

I reached the orphanage after one and half hours. I met Rani there. She has grown up to be so big. It's been 5 years I have seen her. She was so happy to see me after so long. In fact all the kids there were so happy to see me! They were laughing and jumping with happiness.

"Didi you didn't got us any gifts, like always?" Ramu, a small boy asked me.

"I am really very sorry Ramu I forgot. I promise the next time I will definitely bring gifts for you." I don't know if I will be able to bring them gifts at all but I can't deny these kids.

I played with the kids for sometime and completely forgot the situation in which I am!

"Sameera! When did you come to Mumbai?" Miss Anna asked me.

"Today itself! I wanted to talk to you something." I replied.

I asked the children to excuse me and Miss Anna and went to her cabin.

"I don't have any place to stay." I spoke the moment we entered her cabin.

"What?"

"Yes!"

"What about your husband and parents?"

"I caught Nikhil cheating on me! So I left him and my Dad didn't believe me so I left him too!"

"Are you crazy Sameera. Now you don't have anywhere to go and they are your parents. You should make them believe you, not run away when they don't."

"They are not my parents! And I know I don't have anywhere to go so I have come to you. Please keep me here!" I requested her.

"Sameera I can't keep you here!" She answered immediately.

"Then find me one place."

"How will I find you a place right now.... Wait! I have a room vacant in my flat if you want you can stay with me but you will have to pay rent." She spoke business.