Chapter 36

Sameera's P.O.V.

"Sorry Mrs. Ahuja, we can't give you this job."

I didn't ask why.

This was the last place on my list. I knew I am not going to make it here as well. Everywhere, I went the interviewer had some vague reason to not give me the job.

So, now I've stopped asking.

I didn't expect the big fashion houses to give me the job but these were comparatively the smaller ones.

It's been one week since I got fired and since then I have been running from one fashion store to another store giving interviews but nothing is working for me.

I went home defeated.

The moment I entered the house, someone was waiting for me.

Nikhil.

"Oh no no...so Miss Sameera is staying in this small apartment since then." He taunted looking around.

"Why are you here?"

"Just to see you so happy!" He mocked.

"Get out!" I shouted at him.

"Aww poor Sameera didn't got hired by The Shruti Saraf Label as well. Now what will she do? Oh no. She has no other option but to go back to her husband." He mocked again.

"I am not going back to you. I have also filed for a..."

"Filed for a divorce? Right? What do you think? That, you will win? You don't even stand a chance Sameera. Stop making a fool of yourself and come with me to London. I don't have so much time to waste."

"What makes you think that I will go back with you? I will stay on the roads but not with you! Get that straight in your mind."

"Sameera you have already done a lot. Stop creating a scene and spoiling your Dad and my reputation."

"Wow Nikhil! Wow! Have you seen at yourself in the mirror? You don't even have any guilt of doing what you did and still you have the guts to come and talk shit in front of me. And you know what, I don't care about either your or Dad's image."

"Your Dad did so much for you and this is what you give him. Have you forgotten where he picked you from?"

That's enough! It's crossing a line.

I raised my hands to slap him but he held it midway and twisted my hands and brought it behind me.

"Don't you dare! You are going to regret it big time!" He said before twisting my hand even more tightly. I winced with pain.

He released my hands and said, "No one is going to give you a job. Not that you stand a chance. And I can easily bribe that little lawyer you are meeting every single day. And Anna Stevens is not going to keep you in her house for long without a payment. You have nowhere to go."

I cried listening his words. How can he do this? Why can't he leave me alone and let me live happily? He would also be able to live happily and spend his life with the woman he loves. Why me?

"I will keep you as a queen. So, make a wise decision."

Queen? I scoffed. He can't even treat me like a lady!

He walked out of the house after saying that.

I fall down on my knees and kept my head on the sofa and started crying. I don't know for how long I kept crying when I heard Miss Anna's voice.

"Sameera stop crying!" She said caressing my hairs. "What happened? Tell me."

I told her everything Nikhil said.