Chapter 45

Sameera's P.O.V.

I don't know what made me do it. But I took my mobile and dialled Dad's number.

I am sure Papa would have wanted me to do the right thing.

And the right thing is talking to Dad. Maintaining a good relation with the man who has taken care of me. Given me this life that I have. Given me a good education. Brought me up like his own daughter.

The phone ringed but there was no response.

Shit! It's 3 a.m. and I am disturbing his sleep. Before I could cut the call, I heard Dad's sleepy voice from the other end, "Hello!"

"I'm.. I'm sorry I woke you up. You may sleep." I said before proceeding to cut the call.

"Sameera, it's you!" He said when he realised that I have finally called him.

"Umm yeah!" I answered.

"Is everything alright? Are you fine, bacche?" He asked in a worried tone.

Ofcourse anybody would get stressed seeing someone calling early in the morning. I should have looked at the time and waited until sunrise.

"I am sorry I didn't see the time. I just wanted to talk to you!" I said.

"Oh! You couldn't sleep?" He asked me worried.

"No. It's nothing like that. I just wanted to say sorry. I stressed you a lot and disrespected you the last time you came here." I apologised.

"Sam, please don't say sorry my child. I guess I deserved it. Didn't I? I left you on your own when I should have taken care of you. I should be the one to apologise." He said.

"Hmm." I hummed in response.

"I am sorry, Sameera. Please forgive this old man." He requested.

"It's okay Dad!" I said and for the first in a while I felt like a heavy weight was off my chest.

"Thank you." He said and I smiled.

"I will come to your place first thing in the morning to take you." He said.

"No," I instantly said, "I don't want to stay with you!" I objected.

"What do you mean with you don't want to stay with me? Why?" He asked disappointed.

"Because I can't. I just wanted to talk to you. But I don't want to stay over at your place." I explained.

"Sameera I said sorry. Please forgive me and come over. It's your house as well." He said.

"I have forgiven you, Dad. I really have. But, that's not my house." I said.

"Sameera..."

"No Dad. Please. I want to live on my own. Don't force me into something I don't want to." I requested him.

The root cause of all my problems is I have always depended on other people for my happiness. But, my happiness should be in my hands. I want to be independent and look after myself on my own.

I don't want a man to provide me anything. I don't need a man to provide me anything.

I left my fashion course incomplete because there were no consequences. Nikhil could bring everything for me with a snap of his finger. And so I let myself be dependent on him.

I don't want that to happen again. I will live on my own money. I will live in a small house, I will wear cheap clothes, I will buy what I can afford, but not ask money from anyone else. Be it my own father.