Chapter 66

Sameera's P.O.V.

I had slept after having that conversation with my father.

The only way I could deal with that revelation was by sleeping it off. It's hard for me to register this truth.

I have always considered Amar Oberoi to be my father. My Papa. He was not some big shot. He was a simple man with a simple desk job who loved his family immensely. Every memory of mine with him was filled with him showering me with so much love. He would pamper me alot. I was his princess. His little angel. He had never said no to me for everything.

Sameera wants a piggyback ride. Sameera gets it.

Sameera wants a new board game. Sameera gets it.

Sameera wants to go out to her favourite Ice cream place. She gets that too.

All I ever had to do was look at my father with my puppy eyes and he would agree with all my tantrums. Mumma and him would always fight because she thought he will spoil me.

How can that man not be my real father? He loved me like one. He told he was one. He made me feel like one.

But he is not! Samar Oberoi is! My real father. And I am his illegitimate daughter. I don't believe this.

I can't believe my life has taken a whole 180° turn. I need time. I need a lot of time to register this fact.

And till that time, I will, like a very mature woman, ignore the reality.

Tomorrow, I am going to go back to office and finally deal with the confrontation with Ayan I was avoiding ever since the party.

I have been on leave ever since the party. I didn't even inform the HR about this leave. But, right now work is the only way I can avoid thinking so much about my current situation.

Before going to my office, I went to the main office because I was sure Ayan would in no way intentionally be in close proximity with me. He would try to avoid me as much as he can. So, I decided to meet him by myself.

But, he surprised me. He went out of the country. That's how much he wants to avoid me? That's how much he hates me now?

He left the whole country so I can't reach him.

Last time it was just the city. But now it is the entire country!

I asked the receptionist about the name of the place but she freaking denied telling me that because I am just a mere employee and she can't reveal such information to anyone whom it doesn't concern.

I hate my life.

And Aayansh Singhania.

I hate you for leaving without giving me any chance for explanation. I HATE YOU!

I went to my office and began work. There wasn't much pending work. I was talking to a client when Kavya barged into my office.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She screamed and asked me just after entering inside.

"I am just talking to this client here..." I said in a formal tone not understanding the reason for her anger.

Don't tell me it's related to her brother!

"You do not need to." She said. I looked at her confused.

The client looked at me matching my reaction. But, unlike her I can tell where this is going. And I wish I am wrong.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

She threw an envelope at my face and left my cabin just like she entered.