Chapter 28

Sameera's P.O.V.

Aayansh's words kept ringing in my ears.

He told me that you are being stubborn over a stupid fight.

Dad still trusts Nikhil over me! Why can't he for once think of me as his own daughter and open his eyes and see how I have been betrayed.

Why does he consider Nikhil to be a saint and me to be just a rich spoilt brat?

Why didn't he come to meet me even once? Is his hatred for me more than his love for me?

I have made a lot of mistakes in the past but I am not at fault this time. Why can't he understand?

I looked at myself in the mirror. I see a completely different person from earlier.

Earlier I would look at a pretty and happy face.

But now, only a teary eyed, ugly and a sad face looked at me through the mirror. I am just a mess now. Just a broken person.

I feel so lonely sometimes. I have no one whom I can call my family. No one with whom I can share everything. Is this how an orphan is supposed to feel? Is this how I was supposed to feel always?

A lone tear escaped my eyes as I thought about the pathetic condition of my life.

No Sameera you are strong girl. You don't need anybody. You can do it.

Yes I can do it. And I will do it. I will mend my mistakes. I will work hard all for myself. I have a job now. Everything will be fine if I work hard.

I sat on my bed and drew some illustrations for an order.

After I was done, I lied on the bed and instantly sleep engulfed me because of tiredness and all the crying that I did.

The next day while I was working on my desk, Ziya came and sat on a stool kept opposite to the table.

"Hey Ziya, whatsup?" I greeted her but instead of replying she started crying.

"Hey what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked her.

"I made a big mistake!" She said.

"Tell me clearly. What did you do?"

"Chhavi asked me to get the delivery of some orders done to a couple of stores and I got confused and mixed them up."

"You mean to say you delivered wrong orders in both the places?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my god. What will we do now?"

"We can't do anything." She said. "The clients are already pissed because they needed it urgently and they called Kavya and they were really disappointed. Chhavi is going to kill me."

"She won't do anything. Trust me. She is not like we used to think of her. She will understand!"

"Noo! She won't! She is only nice to you because you helped her. She won't say anything to you if you would have made such mistake. But we are just her interns. She will beat the shit out of us for our mistakes!"

"Don't worry Ziya! I will talk to her and make her understand. Please stop crying."

I made her drink water and she finally stopped crying. But just as she stopped, Rajan Bhaiya came to inform that Chhavi wants to see Ziya and she started crying again.

"Stop crying Ziya. I am coming with and I will try to convince Chhavi. She won't say you anything." I said and took her to Chhavi's cabin.

Chhavi was sitting in her chair and she looked furious. Ziya got scared of her so much that she was shivering.