Chapter 13 (Past)

Sameera's P. O. V.

Nikhil pulled the chair for me, just like a gentleman.

"Thankyou!!" I thanked him as I sat on the chair. He then went and sat on the other chair.

I don't know why I am feeling so nervous today. Maybe because I still don't know whether to confess to him about the feelings I have for him or let it go. A part of me said go for it but the other part was nervous as hell.

"So, how's your work going on?" I started the conversation.

"It's going well but it's too tiring." He whined.

"Yeah," I responded, "I know you are going busy these days."

"No, it's nothing like that," he said, "I am always free for you." He winked with that.

Oh god no! This is giving me hopes.

"Well, I wanted to tell you something Sam." He continued.

"Even I had to tell you something. "

"Okay! Go for it."

"You said before that you wanted to talk so you say. "

"It's okay! You speak."

Afer four rounds of ordering each other, I took courage and spoke up.

"Umm...well I wanted to tell you... that... I wanted to say that..." The waiter interrupted me in between.

He gave us the menu and filled our glasses of water. He asked for the order but Nikhil told him to wait.

"So what were you saying?" Nikhil questioned.

I drank some water and said, "Nikhil, actually I like...." Before I could complete my sentence which in so many years I could manage to get out of me, was interrupted by someone.

"Hi Nikhil! It's been so long!" Lisa, Daughter of Nikhil's Business Partner said while he stood up to hug her. She was wearing a blue stripped
A-lined dress which reached just below her knees. She paired it with a black purse and heels.

"Oh hi Sameera, how are you?" She said while giving me a polite hug as well.

"I am fine. How are you? And what a coincidence? It's been years!"

"Coincidence? Nikhil invited me. You didn't know?" She said getting confused.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you Sameera, it's been so long all of us have met together...so I invited her as well."

"Oh it's completely fine! Don't worry." I lied. It wasn't fine at all. I don't even know Lisa well. How can he invite her as well. I made it clear to him I guess that I want to meet him alone. Didn't I?

The atmosphere was really awkward among us since clearly both Lisa and I didn't want each other but Nikhil seemed to be unaware as he continued his small talks with Lisa.

After she went to the washroom, Nikhil said, "I am really Sorry I asked her to come as well without asking you. Actually she wanted to join and I didn't want to say no. You know she is my partner's daughter, right?" Maybe he was aware that I was feeling awkward. He noticed.

We left after a while. I was disappointed that after making so much efforts I was finally ready to confess my feelings to Nikhil but I was interrupted. But I will do it soon.

Nikhil dropped us home. The moment I entered inside the house, I saw Kriti was sitting on the sofa and the moment she saw me she raised her eyebrows with a naughty expression on her face.

I took her inside my room and the moment we entered she began questioning me.

"How was your date? Did you propose him? What was his reaction? What did he say? Did he accept your proposal? Will you say something? I am getting excited. What happened yaar?"