Chapter 7 - Bypassing the Level Gap and Killing the Bison

Passing through a vast expanse of prairie land, Nie Yan, at last, arrived at a region of barrens and stone. As far as the eye could see, lofty and oddly shaped boulders were irregularly strewn throughout the area. Within this mess of boulders were narrow cracks and passageways.

It should be right here. Nie Yan surveyed the expanse for a moment. After confirming without a doubt that these were the correct coordinates, he became especially vigilant and began slowly sneaking around. This region was where Bisons actively roamed about. The whole area permeated with a sense of dread and danger. Cautiously, he squeezed himself into one of the narrow passageways within the boulders.

Coordinates (567.528.192)

The topography of this region was strange and eccentric. The narrow passageways within these boulders only allowed enough space for a single person to pass through. As he looked out after going through the narrow passageway, a dark-coloured Bison in an area at a distance of about twenty-six meters away entered his vision. Large and robust, its entire body was densely packed with muscle. Above its head, two sharp horns resembling the tips of daggers protruded out.

Bison Chief (Leader): Level 8
Health: 300/300

Nie Yan took out his crossbow and held it with his left hand. He began calibrating it, making sure the angle was just right.

By lucky coincidence, the Bison Chief was within his attack range. Due to its body size being so massive, even if it were to discover his presence, it was still unable to traverse the narrow passageways within the mess of boulders. As a result, it was completely incapable of attacking him.

This was a typical terrain exploit!

This was an exploit his Arcane Mage friend had discovered within the game. However, at present, the only one who was aware of this terrain exploit was him!

By employing this exploit, Nie Yan could bypass the level disparity and effortlessly kill this Bison Chief!

Nie Yan began loading the crossbow with bolts. After three seconds, three crossbow bolts were completely loaded and the crossbow was cocked and ready to fire.「Wsh! Wsh! Wsh!」Three bolts were fired in rapid succession, flying in a straight line right towards the Bison Chief.

「Put! Put! Put!」The three crossbow bolts hit the Bison Chief nearly simultaneously.

Miss
−1
Miss

Three damage values floated above the Bison Chief’s head. Due to the level disparity between both sides being too large, Nie Yan’s attacks against the Bison Chief were weak. Most of the time it would be a miss and even if it did hit the target, it would only cause a little bit of damage.

After it had been attacked, the Bison Chief huffed out a large amount of musty air and began its mad charge towards Nie Yan’s location.

「Boom!」A large crashing sound burst out. The Bison Chief had charged into the boulders and was repelled back. Its attack was unable to reach Nie Yan. It could only turn around and circle the boulders, without having any other course of action.

Nie Yan skillfully finished reloading the crossbow and like before, shot out three bolts in rapid succession towards the Bison Chief.

Although the damage was extremely low, under Nie Yan’s continuous and unrelenting attacks the Bison Chief’s health bar began showing signs of declining ever so slightly. However, it was awfully slow, merely falling by the smallest amount. Every now and then, it even recovered by a slight fraction.

Nie Yan’s rate of fire was quite stable. After suffering his attacks, the Bison Chief bellowed out furiously, precisely because it was incapable of even nearing Nie Yan.