Chapter 146 - Empire

The fruits of their labour could be regarded as sizeable. To see two pieces of equipment drop was quite rare, but then again, the game system would always reward players generously for slaying monsters above their level, especially when felling a higher class monster such as a Lord.

Nie Yan examined the properties of the ring.

Scarlet Poison Ring: (Dark Gold)

Requirements: 120 Strength, 160 Dexterity

Properties: Attack 53-57, +20% Poison Damage, Poison Resistance +20, Ignore Level +1

Weight: 0.1 lb

Restrictions: Can be equipped by all factions.

It was crafted from a ferrous metal and adorned with a large ruby that emitted a bewitching tint. A ring that was able to raise attack was truly a rare sight indeed. Moreover, it had the Ignore Level property and increased Poison Damage and Poison Resistance as well. Such an accessory was an extremely amazing existence even for a Level 30 player. Then again, any piece of equipment dropped from a Lord-class would never be lacking in any respect, to say nothing of this ring that was Dark Gold-grade. Nie Yan felt it quite a pity that accessories could not be upgraded with Fortune Gems; otherwise, he would have definitely raised it by at least five stages.

By having such a ring in his hands at this stage of the game, he was practically defying the heavens.

However, with such high stat requirements, it wasn't something an average player under Level 30 could hope to equip.

Nie Yan glanced at his character information. After recently levelling up to Level 16, he gained an additional 2 Dexterity from the Chapter of Freedom, so his Dexterity was currently 110. Thanks to the Chapter of Courage, he also received an additional 2 stat points on top of the 5 that were given every 5 levels. Allocating everything into Dexterity, he brought his to a total of 117. However, he was still short by 43 points. When I get back to Calore, I should go and find a few skill books to raise it some more, he thought.

If he could equip the ring, then his attack would reach an even more frightening level.

Finished examining the ring, he then shifted his attention to the leather armour.

Scarlet Scaled Leather Armour (Dark Gold)

Requirements: Level 30

Properties: Defense 268-272, Physical Damage −10%, Resilience +32, Defense Level +1

Weight: 27 lb

Restrictions: Thief; can be equipped by all factions.

Its properties were pretty good, but with it requiring the player to be Level 30, it was useless to him for now. And just like the ring, it was also an item meant for a Thief. Tang Yao was out of luck.

Finally, he took a look at the recipe that dropped. It was an Intermediate Mana Potion Recipe which could only be learned by an Intermediate Alchemist.

"What a stroke of luck!" Nie Yan fully understood the worth of an Intermediate Mana Potion Recipe. It was several hundred times rarer than an Intermediate Health Potion Recipe. Due to how difficult it was to obtain, its was incredibly valuable.

For Mages, their mana bar was like a second health bar, so if it ran out, their lives would be in danger. This was why having good mana potions was vital. In dungeons, it would allow them to continue dealing damage at a steady pace. Even more so, if an unexpected situation occurred, it could indirectly allow them to save a teammate from death!

In his past life, the manufacturing costs of an Intermediate Mana Potion was about 1 silver, while it was usually sold for around 60 silver. If there were plenty of materials and ingredients, an Intermediate Alchemist would be able to produce up to fifteen bottles every hour. By rough estimations, he could easily imagine how much profit this would bring in.