Chapter 88 - Escape

Before the imposing five-meter tall Seres Tothe, Dark Gladiator appeared to be naught but a feeble house gecko.

The golden armoured lord, who resembled a titan that had resurrected from antiquity, emanated an incredibly oppressive aura.

Things would get dangerous if Seres Tothe was allowed to get within striking range!

Upon receiving Nie Yan’s command, Dark Gladiator suddenly soared into the air and then, after reaching an optimal height, plummeted towards the earth in an attempt to dive-bomb its opponent.

Seeing Dark Gladiator closing in on him, the pale cyan flames in Seres Tothe’s eyes pulsated. He gazed over the frail skeleton dragon, his eyes showing utter disdain, and raised his arm up towards it. With a single flick of the wrist, he sent it crashing into the ground before it even had a chance to reach him.

「BOOM!」Dark Gladiator fell to the ground and tumbled along until finally colliding with one of the tomb walls.

−139

Seres Tothe’s damage output was truly terrifying. Even Dark Gladiator, who possessed a formidable defense, instantly lost over twenty percent of its health in a single strike.

Regardless, Dark Gladiator still stumbled back to its feet and charged at Seres Tothe once more.

If Dark Gladiator couldn’t hold off the boss, then Nie Yan would have no hope of escaping.

It was truly an unfortunate situation, as a servant like Dark Gladiator was hard to come by. However, in a life or death plight such as this, he didn’t really have any other choice. Besides, there wasn’t much time left on Undead Rite.

Once Dark Gladiator drew near, it pounced on Seres Tothe and latched onto his waist, firmly refusing to loosen its grasp. In response, however, Seres Tothe simply raised his golden longsword.「Slash!」A streak of light cleaved through Dark Gladiator’s shoulder and cleanly lopped off its arm. Then, he followed with an elbow strike, which knocked aside the frail bone dragon like a ragdoll.

Like most undead, Seres Tothe’s actions were extremely clumsy and stiff. Because of this, Dark Gladiator was just barely able to avoid a fatal blow.

However, the undead dragon was only hanging on by a thread. With merely twenty-one percent of its health left, it wouldn’t be able to withstand another one of Seres Tothe’s attacks.

Now, with Dark Gladiator nearly out of commision, Nie Yan felt as though his heart would burst from anxiety. Although Dark Gladiator had slightly hindered Seres Tothe’s movements, it still failed at holding him back.

Twelve seconds... Fourteen seconds... Fifteen seconds...

The plan had failed, Seres Tothe couldn’t be stopped. Presently, the golden armoured lord was standing before him with his massive body ominously looming over Nie Yan. Seres Tothe’s sword flickered with a sharp glint as he gradually raised it high above his head. Nie Yan knew only one thing was certain, he’d die if he allowed that sword to hit him!

Staring at the sword, Nie Yan couldn’t help but imagine himself being chopped in half. He quickly glanced over at Dark Gladiator who was still struggling to get up. C’mon! C’mon! Hurry up!

Dark Gladiator crawled back to its feet. Though it still appeared to be somewhat unsteady, it charged at Seres Tothe once again.

「Bang!」Just as Seres Tothe’s sword was about to come down on Nie Yan and cleave him in half, Dark Gladiator rammed its skeletal frame into Seres Tothe and caused him to stumble. Seemingly infuriated that a lower being had caused him to stagger, Seres Tothe brandished his longsword and attacked in retaliation.