Chapter 91 - Trembling Milo's House

Sleepy Fox pondered for a moment before coming to a decision. He turned around and swept his strict gaze over each and every member, quelling the uproar with but a glance. 

This very scene evidenced just how influential Sleepy Fox was to his team.

“Everyone, listen up! I’m going to dissolve our team and have Brother Nie invite you into his own. Today, he’ll be acting as the leader of this run in my stead,” informed Sleepy Fox to his team.

Another commotion erupted from the crowd as players looked at each other in dismay. For their captain to allow a complete stranger to lead them through a run, this was the first time such an event had ever occurred. What if he didn’t know what he was doing and caused them to wipe? If that happened, then wouldn’t they all end up losing twenty percent of their experience bar?!

“Captain, how is that alright? Please reconsider!”

“Yes, please reconsider! What’ll happen if we end up getting wiped?”

“Can we trust in his ability? Does he even have any?”

“If I say it’s alright, then it’s alright. Now enough chit chat, hurry up and accept the invite. I want you all to follow Brother Nie’s orders as if they were mine. If you still refuse to listen, then don’t blame me for kicking you out of the team. Also, to anyone who doesn’t put in their full effort and causes us to fail the run… Well, I’m sure you already understand what the consequences are,” Sleepy Fox replied sternly. He followed a simple principle: Those he felt were incompetent would never be relied upon, and those he relied upon would never be doubted! If Nie Yan was going to act as team captain, a role which required Sleepy Fox to put his faith in him, then he would grant him the highest authority.

After watching the video of him leading another team through Treant Forest, Sleepy Fox also felt a veil of mystery hanging over this person.

When their captain responded in such a way, they had no choice but to accept his decision, and the members who had expressed dissatisfaction promptly fell into silence. They all understood an order given by their captain could not be violated lest they be expelled from the guild. From the very beginning, Sleepy Fox had always ruled over his subordinates with an iron fist.

Nie Yan slightly nodded his head in approval. In both discipline and strength, Holy Empire’s elite team was far above Yu Lan’s (Blue Feather) team. The difference in atmosphere and quality was almost palpable. They certainly didn’t have a smug bastard like Chen Bo who put everyone beneath his eyes. Even though several Thieves were rather unhappy with their captain’s arrangements with Nie Yan, they absolutely wouldn’t dare to voice their dissatisfaction.

System: Sleepy Fox has joined your team.

System: Flying Stone has joined your team.

In the brief span of a few moments, a thirty-player team was formed. Although Nie Yan was the captain of the team, it was still under Holy Empire’s name.

“Alright, now to inspect your stats. Mages, announce your magic damage; Fighters, announce your defense; and Priests, announce the strength of your Lesser Heal.”

And so, in a quick and orderly fashion, each member reported their respective stats. Nie Yan reviewed the information of these players. All of their equipment was excellent, and except for three players who were slightly lacking, everyone’s stats met the minimum requirements for clearing Agmota Muddy Wetlands on Specialist difficulty. Before they set off, Nie Yan ordered those three players to purchase a few scrolls.

“Is there anything else we need? We’ve already bought enough Anti-Paralysis Potions,” asked Sleepy Fox. He had a certain premonition, which made him believe Nie Yan wouldn’t merely be leading them through Agmota Muddy Wetlands on Easy or Normal. Otherwise, why else would he have had ordered some of their players buy scrolls to supplement their stats? Their team absolutely possessed the raw stats to conquer the dungeon on those difficulties without using such items.