Chapter 119 - Abraham's Tomb

Abraham's Tomb was almost within reach, yet there was a near-insurmountable barrier in his path.

An endless sea of skeletons stood between Nie Yan and the entrance; there were simply too many.

With Transcendent Insight, he inspected one of the skeletons among the crowd.

Skeleton Warrior: Level 13
Health: 520/520

In the previous timeline, when players finished scouting this zone, Victorious Return and Angel Corps had begun vying for control over this region and a major battle occurred. However, soon into their conflict, Angel Corps also bumped heads with Radiant Sacred Flame who were dragging their hind legs. As a result, Angel Corps was forced to redirect their main army to deal with them, which gave Victorious Return the opportunity to seize control of this place. They spent three days here before they were able to clear out all the Skeleton Warriors and enter Abraham's Tomb. As for what happened when they got inside, nobody knew. What mattered was that they retrieved the Chapter of Freedom in the end.

As for the owner of the Chapter of Freedom, he was a Thief named Quiet Life. He was the Representative Thief of the Victorious Return guild and one of few players worthy of the title Shadow Dancer. He would earn significant achievements in guild wars, stronghold sieges, and town sieges, killing at least a hundred enemies in every battle, most of which were cloth-armoured professions such as Magi and Divine Priests. Not only that, but he was quite elusive as well, possessing many life-saving skills that enabled him to escape unscathed, despite being completely surrounded, on several occasions.

Shadow Dancer, an honour that all Thieves sought after! Just because someone was high levelled didn't necessarily mean they would obtain this title. In order to advance to one, they were required to go through an incredibly difficult profession advancement quest that pushed their abilities as a Thief to the limit, and upon passing it, they would receive greatly increased stats and skill rewards.

A Thief that achieved Shadow Dancer was an extremely terrifying existence. They were able to emerge in unpredictable places as they hid among the shadows. Once they took action, it was almost guaranteed to be a certain kill. Although they were unable to do much against their equally powerful Warrior and Paladin counterparts, the other side was helpless in pinning them down as well.

The best counter to a Shadow Dancer was a Priest's Marking Sigil or a Paladin's Divine Eye. Moreover, Magi with high awareness also had a fifty-fifty chance of beating a Shadow Dancer in a duel. Interestingly, they were only able to maintain such a victory rate for none other than the fact that they possessed a ludicrous levelling speed. Often times, when a Magus encountered a Shadow Dancer, the former would hold a level advantage of ten or higher.

Although there was nothing to criticize about Quiet Life's ability, the Chapter of Freedom's contribution could not go ignored when discussing his advancement to Shadow Dancer.

Victorious Return... Nie Yan let out a deep sigh. The sea of enmity he felt towards them was certainly not shallow, and it only increased after they were bought by Cao Xu and subsequently became one of the five major guilds under his control. Those five guilds were Victorious Return, Radiant Sacred Flame, Alliance of Mages, Divine Protectors, and Bloodlust Blades. Each one held so much power that, upon joining forces, they would become unchallenged in the entire server. In the end, no one came even close to toppling Cao Xu's sovereign-like position in the game. In fact, many guilds were barely able to sustain themselves under Cao Xu's oppression.

Rumours told that the guild leader of Victorious Return and Cao Xu were actually business partners in real life, which meant they would certainly form an alliance in the near-future. As such, if there was an opportunity to weaken Victorious Return, Nie Yan wouldn't let that chance slip by. Regardless of whether they were going to be purchased by Cao Xu and his overbearing wealth, he would never let down his guard.