Chapter 143 - Basic Magic Bomb

That single kick shook the hearts of everyone present. Despite the drastic change in his appearance and temperament, most of Nie Yan's former classmates still viewed him as that same scrawny kid that looked like he could be toppled over by a gust of wind. However, now, they had just witnessed him send a 110 kg man flying. This huge discrepancy shattered any such notions they held of him.

Even Hao Cheng, who had trained in mixed martial arts since childhood, couldn't say with absolute confidence that he would be able to throw out a kick with such force. Sending an average man flying with a kick was already quite difficult, to stay nothing of a tall, muscular basketball player like Chu Zhenfei who also trained in Muay Thai. Nie Yan had been so fast that Hao Cheng felt that if he had been on the receiving end of that kick, he wouldn't fair much better than Chu Zhenfei and would have likely also been sent flying.

All of his former classmates stared blankly at the scene, their minds shaken by indescribable shock, and the same thought emerged in their collective mind. Was this person really Nie Yan?

As for Chu Zhenfei, after crashing into the table, he attempted to stagger back to his feet but soon collapsed back down. He felt as if his organs and bowels had been shifted by the force of that kick as he lay on a bed of shattered wine glasses and liquor bottles gasping in pain.

"Don't bother trying to get up. You won't be able to for the next half-hour anyway." Nie Yan's voice cut across the courtyard while carrying over a tone of cold indifference.

If it had been an ordinary person, his kick would have resulted in broken ribs and internal bleeding. More shocking was that he had actually held back. Chu Zhenfei frequently exercised, so his physique was pretty durable, not to mention he also trained in Muay Thai. If there was one thing Muay Thai practitioners were known for, it was the ability to withstand powerful blunt force impacts. Even then, Chu Zhenfei was lucky to get off with just minor bruising. For him to be able to stand up after thirty minutes was simply leniency on Nie Yan's part.

A brief moment later, wait staff along with security came hurrying over.

Nie Yan turned to Guo Huai and patted his shoulder. "The way you and I handle matters is a bit different. With a small fry like him, it's better to be direct and efficient. As for Shen Yue, if you don't have the courage to start pursuing the woman you love now, how do you expect to accomplish anything in the future?"

He had spoken these words quite clearly, so the whole crowd was able to hear his advice.

Standing next to him, Shen Yue was at a loss. Even though she had a good opinion of Guo Huai, she had never once thought of the two of them being a couple.

Guo Huai glanced at her before contemplating these words in silence.

Nie Yan faintly smiled, then stared at the security and staff members who were coming over. "I'll leave those guys to you."

"It's the least I can do," Guo Huai nodded his head. He had been enlightened by Nie Yan's advice as if a strong gust had blown in and cleared away all of his doubts. If he truly wished to become a formidable character, silently enduring wasn't always the best course of action. Sometimes, he needed to be able to act unabashed and freely seize opportunities without a care for social trivialities. If he already knew what he wanted and needed to do, then he should simply go forth and do it already.

The security and staff members were initially walking toward them in an aggressive manner, but their attitudes instantly turned one hundred and eighty degrees when they noticed Guo Huai among the group,

"Young Master, when did you arrive?" one of the security personnel bowed and asked with a fawning expression.

"I came here with my former classmates for a reunion. Deal with the mess here, and help us change locations. As for him over there, send him over to the infirmary," Guo Huai ordered in a deep tone that gave the impression of a lofty figure ordering a subordinate.