Chapter 197 - Ten Men Massacre!

Bubbles of volcanic gas trapped beneath the Kiln Fire Woods would occasionally find their way to the surface, erupting forth into the atmosphere as scorching jets.

The temperature here was much higher than in other regions. It was similar to arriving near the crater of an active volcano. Only the hardiest of plant life could grow in this harsh environment, such as the resilient iron palm trees, lush with dense canopies that seemed to cover the earth and hide the sky.

It was said that magma regularly flowed beneath the Kiln Fire Woods, ever-ready to erupt.

Level 20 Molten Rock Monsters spawned inside the Kiln Fire Woods. They possessed high health and defense. A player would even take fire damage if they got near them. However, they were relatively slow and lacked long-range attacks. Add this to the fact that they gave good experience, and it became clear why they were the perfect mobs for Mages to level on.

Molten Rock Monsters were covered in thick plates of stone, roughly two meters in height, and resembled bulldozers when they moved.

A dense cluster of one hundred Unhindered players was currently battling over twenty Molten Rock Monsters in a corner of the map. With the Warriors forming a human wall, the Mages in the rear let loose a wave of spells which arced through the air before bombarding the group of monsters.「Boom! Boom! Boom!

The concentrated shelling of magic killed over ten Molten Rock Monsters.

Before long another wave of spells rained down from the sky, annihilating the survivors.

The Mages who were low on mana took out various consumables or sat down to recuperate. Those who didn't expend as much prepared for the next bout.

Roughly five seconds later, about twenty Molten Rock Monsters appeared in the previously cleared area.

The spawn rate of these mobs was astonishing!

Evidently, Unhindered didn't lack people with good taste; they secured such a top notch levelling spot.

Five Mages sat on the ground, resting and chatting together. They were at the very end of the backline, far away from any action.

"Boss, our former brothers over at Asskickers United are telling us to join them. Should we go?" a skinny Arcane Mage with a slightly wretched appearance asked the Holy Mage beside him.

The Holy Mage called Bird Person[1] shook his head. "Joining Asskickers United? That's suicidal! Didn't you see that Hei Zhuo joined forces with Victorious Return to deal with them? Unhindered doesn't amount to much, but do you think Victorious Return is a good guild to provoke? Asskickers United is doomed. Skinny Strip, we might not mind you talking about this since we're a tight-knit group, but under no circumstances should you bring it up to other members in the guild!

Skinny Strip awkwardly chuckled. "You definitely won't find me doing something that stupid. Forget it, let's rest some more. We still get experience either way."

They chatted in a relaxed manner, completely unaware of the imminent danger.

Nie Yan and Sun snuck up on the group. Their daggers flickered with a cold light while hidden within the shadows.

The Unhindered players in the distance were leisurely fighting the mobs.

Following the plan Nie Yan drew up earlier, Edgeless, Monochrome, Undying Scoundrel, and the others were already in position.

Seeing that everyone was ready, Nie Yan shouted in the party intercom.「KILL!

All ten players moved in unison.