Chapter 99 - Flash Powder

"Shadow Priest, root him in place now!"

Immobilize!

The Elite Manticore's movements suddenly halted as it froze in place for a brief moment.

Immobilize lasted for no more than a second, but its effects were quite obvious.

Magic rained down on the Elite Manticore as its health fell to three percent. When it entered a berserk state, its attack power increased threefold. Being the one who had to deal with this increase, Violent Waves felt immense pressure as he tried his best to endure its assault while the Priests cast Lesser Heal with reckless abandon as they struggled just to keep him alive.

Noticing the situation turn dire, Nie Yan flicked his wrist as a pouch of Flash Powder emerged in his hand and then lobbed it at the Elite Manticore.

「Poof!」The pouch exploded and scattered white powder into the air. This fine powder was akin to thousands of tiny needles as it released a blinding radiance that pierced into the Elite Manticore's eyes.

The members of the team were also affected by the Flash Powder, but to a much lesser extent unlike the Elite Manticore that had lost all vision.

The pouch of powder was something Nie Yan had purchased prior from Trembling Milo. This item was able to release an intense flash of light that could momentarily blind the enemy for several seconds. The player could then take advantage of this time by either fleeing or attacking their opponent. Although the item cost a pretty penny, it was nevertheless extremely useful.

"Keep attacking, don't slow down!" Nie Yan yelled.

The team had been taken aback and confused by the sudden burst of light. However, they soon regained their wits when they realized Nie Yan was the one who caused it. The enemy was completely blinded and helpless to retaliate, so they were able to freely let loose an even more ferocious barrage of magic and attacks at the Elite Manticore.

After a final round of spells, the Elite Manticore uttered one last, mournful roar before collapsing to the ground.

It wasn't unreasonable to say the Elite Manticore was the most dangerous when its health fell below five percent, but due to the crowd control effects of the Flash Powder and Immobilize, it was basically rendered harmless, allowing it to be easily slain.

On the other hand, under normal circumstances, an encounter with an Elite Manticore definitely wouldn't have ended so pleasantly!

"What sort of item dropped?" Nie Yan asked Sleepy Fox.

Sleepy Fox walked over to the Elite Manticore's corpse and picked up the dropped item. It was a Thief's dagger, and not only that, it was Dark Gold-grade as well.

Blood Pact (Dark Gold)
Requirements: Level 0
Properties: Attack 23-26, Dexterity +11, Critical +12, Lifesteal 3%
Attack Speed: 2.3
Weight: 3 lb
Restrictions: Thief, can be equipped by all factions.

"It's a Thief's dagger!" Sleepy Fox shared the dagger's information with Nie Yan.

As soon as the information window popped up, Nie Yan examined the dagger. Its properties weren't bad for a Level 0 weapon, and the attack was only slightly lower than his Level 5 Gold dagger, Assassin's Decree. Furthermore, the additional lifesteal and critical rate placed it a bit higher than Assassin's Decree overall and much higher than his Horn Dagger!

I can finally switch out my dagger!

This Blood Pact that they found in Agmota Muddy Wetlands on Specialist was probably one of the best Level 0 daggers possible.