Chapter 98 - Repel Evil

Nie Yan peered through his crossbow sight from behind the brush he was using for cover. After a short while, he lowered his gaze and shook his head. This place won't do either... With such thoughts in mind, he got up and moved to another area, only to repeat the same actions and move on yet again.

"What do you think he's doing?" Dusk asked, flabbergasted, as he observed Nie Yan busily moving from one area to another. It was still too early to be aggroing the Elites, wasn't it?

"Well, he shouldn't be looking for a vantage point, that's for sure. He hasn't been within firing range this entire time," Sleepy Fox replied. He was also rather curious as to what Nie Yan was up to.

After all, it was impossible for a crossbow to hit from this far away!

Nie Yan walked behind a tree and began gauging the distance. This should do! Finding a suitable spot, he raised his crossbow and fired in the direction of one of the Elite Manticores.

「Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!」Three bolts flew out in succession.

Sleepy Fox was taken aback. Wait, are you really aggroing them? Isn't it still too early? We haven't even fully recovered yet! However, he suddenly recalled. Wait, that's not right. They're still out of his attack range.

As expected, the bolts gradually lost momentum and slowly dropped until they eventually hit the ground.

They had fallen just ten meters short of the closest Elite Manticore and thirteen away from the next closest.

An Elite Manticore's detection range extended out to ten meters.

This knowledge was the result of compiling the numerous experiences of players who had run Agmota Muddy Wetlands on Specialist in Nie Yan's past life.

Nie Yan just so happened to know of a little trick that made use of this information, and with his skills, he could easily pull it off even with his hands tied behind his back.

Out of the three Elite Manticores roaming around, only the closest one heard the sound of the bolts hitting the ground. Thus, it was also the only one that moved towards the source with the intent of investigating. After walking two or three meters, it stopped in place and began scanning the surrounding area, yet it wasn't able to find anything, so it turned around and began to head back

「Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!」Before it could take even a single step back, however, Nie Yan fired off another round of bolts which landed just ten meters away from the Elite Manticore yet again. The Manticore halted and resumed its search for the source of the sound, but it still couldn't find anything. Then, just when it was about to head back, another sound came from an area ten more meters away.

Nie Yan repeated this action several more times. Whenever the Elite Manticore was about to turn and leave, he would send three more bolts to a spot just barely within its detection range. Meanwhile, Nie Yan did his best to avoid being spotted by the Manticore as he attracted its interest with crossbow bolts.

In this fashion, the Elite Manticore was continuously drawn away all by its lonesome self. The distance between itself and the other Manticores was growing increasingly wider with every repetition.

Sleepy Fox and the other members were shocked as they watched this scene unfold before their very eyes. Never did they expect that Nie Yan would use such a method to draw out the Elite Manticore.

If they continued like this, then it might actually be possible to kill the Elite Manticores and the King Manticore individually, one after another.

This method was something they could've never come up with on their own. Furthermore, it wasn't a tactic that just anyone could employ either. Nie Yan's timing and accuracy were both simply impeccable.