Chapter 151 - Self-Destruct!

In Nie Yan's team, none of the six members who were still clinging to life had a name that wasn't branded deeply crimson. For them to die here would represent a serious setback to their progression. All of the equipment they had painstakingly collected piece by piece would fall into enemy hands, to say nothing of the several levels they would lose as well. The effort they had expended since starting this game would also go down the drain. Such an outcome would prove an extremely depressing conclusion to this battle.

Nonetheless, it was too late for regrets. Their eyes were already heavily bloodshot as they lost themselves in a murderous frenzy.

Nie Yan had killed six Victorious Return players in quick succession, and then, by relying on his sharp instincts and deadly reflexes, he was able to cut down another five. His name was bright red as if it had been washed in the blood of those he had slain.

Among the six, Nie Yan, Tang Yao, and Dusk were the most terrifying. All of their kill counts were already in the double digits.

Nirvana Flame, just hold on a little longer. My boss will be arriving soon with backup!」Dusk shouted in the team intercom. He was already giving it his all.

Suddenly, a dozen spells arced through the sky and exploded in the area around him, sending him flying. After crashing to the ground, he struggled to no avail as his health bar finally plummeted to zero before all of the equipment dropped from his body.

Will Holy Empire really be coming? A sudden thought popped up in Nie Yan's head. If Holy Empire really did involve themselves with this matter, then it would be tantamount to them breaking off relations with Victorious Return. Would they truly be willing to wade into these turbulent waters?

At that moment, a shocking rallying cry came from the far ends of the battlefield followed by the emergence of three hundred players, dressed in mediocre equipment, charging forward from every direction.

"Violet Berserk Blade, you said it yourself. When we get back, you definitely have to give us merit points!"

"Watchful Snail, you promised us, so don't go back on your word!"

"Rest assured, I stake my honour as a senior officer of the guild. Today, everyone here will become honorary members of Asskickers United!"

"Long live Violet Berserk Blade! Long live Watchful Snail! Long live Asskickers United! Leave none of those bastards from Victorious Return alive!"

"Charge!"

Nie Yan originally didn't hold high hopes of receiving any reinforcements whatsoever from their newly established Asskickers United. After all, it was full of new recruits who didn't yet feel any sense of belonging to the guild. So why would they suddenly be willing to put their lives on the line just to save a few people? Even if they were, would they really be willing to offend Victorious Return? What if Asskickers United ended up collapsing in the near-future, then what would become of them? Would they be hunted down like dogs, cowering in the shadows? The risk was simply too high.

Nevertheless, even though Nie Yan didn't have much faith, thankfully Tang Yao did, contacting Guo Huai, Hao Cheng, and Zhao Li almost as soon as they were surrounded. After being informed of the situation, worry overtook the trio as they hastily gathered a host of players for a rescue mission, promising honorary membership and a certain amount of merit points in return.

When a portion of the players at the guild headquarters heard the guild leader was in trouble, and that they would be able to earn membership and merit points by joining a rescue mission to save him, they immediately flocked forward to volunteer. They were hot-blooded youths who still felt a sense of romanticism toward the game, and besides, many of them only wished to join the guild because they disliked the tyranny of Victorious Return. Their levels might not be high, with most of them averaging around Level 7 or 8, but they were all full of spirit! Hence, out of the over six thousand players there, Guo Huai and Hao Cheng managed to bring nearly three hundred to their cause. After anxiously rushing over to the battlefield, they charged into battle as soon as they saw Nie Yan and company still barely hanging on.