Chapter 191 - Heavy Crossbow!

“Aren’t you afraid I’ll try to swindle your materials?” Nie Yan asked with a raised eyebrow. He was slightly surprised. The other party was willing to hand over their precious materials to a total stranger?

“What do I have to be afraid of? That dagger in your hand should be worth more than my weapon, so why would you care about the few materials I have?” Reborn had quite the discerning eye. Nie Yan’s Splitting Edge was worth at least 30 gold. He could tell the dagger wasn’t ordinary with a simple glance. What’s more, he felt that a person of such high status would surely care about their reputation. If his materials really did end up being swindled, he could just upload the video online to the official forums, and Nie Yan would lose all standing in the game.

Nie Yan pondered for a moment. At the current stage of the game, anyone that could take out this much money to forge a weapon wouldn’t be lacking in personal resources or strength. Besides, it didn’t require much effort on his part to lend Reborn a helping hand, and he’d also be sowing some good karma for the guild.

“Alright, give me the materials,” Nie Yan said. He wondered just what kind of weapon Reborn wanted to forge for it to cost so much.

“Sure.” Reborn sent Nie Yan a trade request, then placed all the materials in the trade window.

Nie Yan’s screen began filling up with all sorts of materials, around a dozen items altogether. He scanned through them, estimating their total value to be at least 10 gold.

Now that he had seen the materials, he knew exactly what Reborn wanted to forge.

“It’s for the Flamecross Sword?” Nie Yan interrupted. It was regarded as one of the very best among procurable Level 30 weapons. He gazed at Reborn meaningfully. In order to obtain so many expensive materials, you either had to possess a certain amount of influence or be filthy rich.

“You know what I want to forge?” Reborn was taken aback. He hasn’t even seen the blueprint, how does he know? Did someone else forge it before me...? A trace of doubt lingered in his mind as he placed the blueprint inside the trade window. “It’s for a greatsword.”

“It’s not a bad weapon, but the Strength requirement is quite high.”

“I know. 280 Strength. I have to socket some of my gear with Strength Gems, then I should be fine when I hit Level 30.”

Nie Yan pressed confirm on the trade window. He walked back to Blacksmith Kade, handing over the materials and blueprint for the Flamecross Sword.

Blacksmith Kade looked over the blueprint, then began forging the weapon. 

“Are you the boss of Asskickers United?” Reborn asked.

With how the situation had developed so far, Nie Yan knew that even if he wanted to stay low-key, it just wasn’t possible anymore. He nodded. “Yes, I am.”

“Is your guild’s elite team still looking for members?”

“No, the elite team is currently full. Guild members can only try their hand at joining one of the auxiliary teams. If their performance is good, maybe they’ll get a chance to join the elite team. Our auxiliary teams aren’t bad either though. They’ve already moved on to the Shadow Marsh dungeon,” Nie Yan answered. “Why do you ask? Are you considering joining?”

Reborn was shocked. Let alone auxiliary teams, even the elite teams from most large guilds were only starting to run Shadow Marsh. He didn’t expect the progression of Asskickers United to be so frighteningly fast! Wow, they’re already so far ahead! He had only asked the question on a whim, but now he was actually tempted to join.