Chapter 123 - 130 Strength!

Disappear was an exceptional life-saving skill. In his previous timeline, it enabled Quiet Life to turn the tide of battle or escape the grasp of death unscathed on multiple occasions. As such, one could imagine just how vital this skill was to the success of both him and Victorious Return. As for Sacrificial Gambit, Nie Yan already possessed 360 health-30% of that would be around 100. In other words, once the skill was activated, he had a 50% chance of dealing 200 damage, 20% chance of dealing 300 damage, or 10% chance of dealing 500 damage. Although there was a 20% chance of missing, in terms of potential single-target damage output, it was still an extremely, terrifying skill.

In that respect, Sacrificial Gambit classified as an advanced Thief skill. Although a two-day cooldown might seem a little excessive, such a powerful skill naturally demanded some restrictions in place, much like Elemental Hall Magic and Templar Magic which had similar drawbacks. Not to mention, there was also Adjudicator of God, the skill from the Chapter of Courage, which required ten full days before it could be used again. To this date, the skill had still yet to come off cooldown! Even if used efficiently, he would only be able to cast such a skill thirty-six times a year at most!

With Adjudicator of God, Disappear, and Sacrificial Gambit, Nie Yan reckoned he was pretty close to tackling another chapter from the Book of Order, but now wasn't the right time.

Checking his stats, he confirmed that his Strength had risen to 83. If he used the five passive skill books he had requested from Sleepy Fox, then figured out a way to raise his Strength by a few more points, he would finally be able to equip Sulgata's Boots.

How's things on your side?」Nie Yan sent a message to Tang Yao.

Not bad, I'm still grinding on the skeletons. My Arcane Fairy is only at 67% though. Hell, why is it so hard to rank it up? I've been at it for two days already. I swear I'm about to die from boredom! If I took the experience for myself instead, I would have already been Level 10!」Tang Yao complained in a gloomy and dissatisfied tone.

Well, I don't really know what to say... Arcane Fairies are just difficult to raise. Hold out for another day or two, alright?」Nie Yan chuckled. In truth, this sort of monotonous grinding was like a form of torture for someone as restless as Tang Yao. Then again, his brother's temperament could use a bit of grinding and tempering...

Sigh... I understand,」Tang Yao replied dejectedly. Rather than one or two days, he would be here for at least three more. After all, if he stayed here to train for another two days after raising his fairy's rank, he would easily be able to reach Level 10 or higher. Naturally, he didn't want to let such an opportunity slip by, since if he wanted to come back here, he would need to fork over another twenty silver for the transfer fee. Not to mention, without the Skeleton Kodos' protection, he would have no way of reaching these sandy dunes.

Well, you should keep levelling. I'll be returning to the city first, but before that, did you bring a Return Scroll with you? I can give you one if you didn't.

No worries, I brought one. I'll be fine on my own.

Ah, alright. I'll be leaving then. Catch you later.

Nie Yan found a spacious and empty area before he began channeling a Return Scroll. After a brilliant flash of light, he was teleported back to Calore.

Have you found the skill books for Backstab and Eviscerate yet?」Nie Yan sent Sleepy Fox a message as he leisurely strolled toward the auction house.

We've found them. Where are you right now? I'll have someone deliver them to you.

Calore. I'll be beside the Auction House entrance.