Chapter 133 - Murder!

Even now, Nie Yan still didn't wish to use Sacrificial Gambit. Its two-day cooldown wasn't trivial since he wanted to have this skill in his arsenal for the quest he planned to embark on after returning to the city. However, since he had been forced into a corner, he was left with no other choice. He firmly believed that a person should live their life with steadfast resolve. As such, if he were to back down now, without even putting up a fight and allow the Zombie King to be taken away by someone else, he would be nothing more than a spineless coward!

Seeing Nie Yan dash over, Night Shadow withdrew from the battle with the Zombie King and raised his daggers to intercept him.

Battle Stance!

When a Battle Thief activated Battle Stance, they would receive a 30% increase in Attack Speed and a 20% increase in Attack, allowing their damage output to even surpass some Berserkers'. Its only flaw was that, even though their offensive abilities saw a sharp rise, they were still protected by merely leather armour.

「Klang!」Two pairs of daggers clashed together.

Amidst their deadlock, Nie Yan suddenly switched over from a reverse grip to a forward grip as his dagger slipped through Night Shadow's guard like a snake before a fatal strike. Everything was over in an instant, and before Night Shadow even knew what was going on, he found himself in a dazed state.

Nie Yan's mysterious action was actually a technique from his past life which Shadow Dancers often displayed in featured videos on Conviction's official website. During the animation for switching grips, there was a very precise timing window where a Thief would be able to slip through an opponent's guard and stun them with the pommel.

Back then, for the sake of mastering this technique, he had practiced these movements over several hundred thousand times. Perhaps this little trick wouldn't be effective against the experienced Shadow Dancers of his original timeline, but it was more than enough to deal with players in the present day.

But, before he could proceed any further, a streak of arcane magic came flying his way.

Tangerine's spell was perfectly timed. If he rolled out of the way now, the outcome would be the same as last time; Night Shadow would be allowed a moment to catch his breath.

However, the circumstances this time were substantially different from the previous encounter. For one, he was no longer the target of the Zombie King's aggro, which was why he previously hadn't dared to be rash and chose to avoid the oncoming spell. Yet now, the Zombie King was entirely aggroed onto Hidden Blade. If Tangerine believed she could shoo him away with just a single spell, then she was living in a dream!

Nie Yan mentally braced himself to endure the impact.「Bang!」He felt the Arcane Fireball explode on his back as it depleted 120 of his health.

What ferocious damage! His gear was considered good, but he had still lost so much health.

Afterward, Nie Yan struck Night Shadow with Assassinate followed by Lacerate and chunked him for 180 health. Aside from this initial damage, Night Shadow was also inflicted with the bleed status effect which caused him to lose 10 health every second.

Even though this number was frighteningly high, it didn't kill him since Battle Thieves were generally more durable than Tempest Thieves. Night Shadow, for instance, had as much as 520 health.

However, when matched against Nie Yan's damage, it still wasn't nearly enough to save him!

Nie Yan followed up by circling behind Night Shadow and hitting him in the back of the head with Smothering Strike. Afterward, he brought out a Sheep Transformation Scroll and began channeling it. His target for the spell, surprisingly, wasn't Night Shadow but Hidden Blade instead!

Rebirth of the thief who roamed around the world (BOOK 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara