Chapter 152 - Glaring Red Name

Back at Victorious Return guild headquarters, Heaven Breaker was so infuriated that he could no longer calmly stay seated on his throne as he watched the live video feed. If those reinforcements hadn't arrived, no matter how much stronger Nie Yan and Tang Yao were, they would have still succumbed to death in the end. Even though he was bound to suffer enormous losses, enough to feel as though his heart was bleeding, he only had a single objective in mind, to completely crush the pair... because he had an inkling of a feeling that they truly posed a threat to him like no other before. Truthfully, even when the reinforcements from Asskickers United arrived, he had still been as steady as Mt. Tai. After all, those mediocre forces were nowhere near the level of the elites of his guild. However, with the sudden emergence of Holy Empire, his plans had truly gone awry.

"Dammit! It's Holy Empire!" Heaven Breaker's expression turned hideous. He now regretted not being there to personally lead this operation himself. To lose three hundred elites and still not accomplish his objective, such a bitter pill was simply too hard to swallow.

Lost in the fervour of battle, Nie Yan and the others didn't expect a new force to jump into the fray. Holy Empire had actually decided to involve themselves! With more reinforcements coming to his aid, Nie Yan felt the tension in his mind easing significantly. I suppose I owe Sleepy Fox a favour this time.

When Scorching Meteor appeared, all of the Victorious Return players were quivering in fear at the might of such a formidable spell. In the face of its frightening damage, even a high-health Fighter would be unable to endure, to say nothing of squishier classes.

As the sky was covered in blazing clouds of fire, the magic energy in the atmosphere stirred restlessly, growing ever stifling and oppressive.

"Paladins, quickly silence him!" Skinny Dog shouted in a panic. He had experienced the might of Templar Magic, Elemental Hall Magic, and Obscurus Magic before. If that Holy Mage was allowed to successfully cast Scorching Meteor, it would spell disaster for what little remained of his forces.

Five Paladins charged toward the pile of rubble and boulders where Cold Maple was standing.

But just as they were closing in, a dozen Warriors from Holy Empire leaped out from behind the boulders and intercepted them. Each of the warriors sought out a target as they blocked the Paladins from advancing. How could they possibly let these players do as they pleased?

When they saw their Paladins getting intercepted, Skinny Dog and the others' faces fell.

"Everyone, fall back! Holy Empire, you dogshit-eating bastards!" Skinny Dog and the other Victorious Return members bolted away in a bid to get out of the spell's range. They would have to delay killing Nie Yan and Tang Yao for now. After they were all safe, they could regroup and act from there.

After escaping the encirclement, Moon Child was finally free from being obstructed. She cast Lesser Heal on Tang Yao, raising his health by a good amount as a gentle radiance enveloped him, and then followed up with Divine Radiance Shield.

Earlier, she didn't receive much damage, but her spells would constantly be silenced by the enemy Paladins. With so many silencers focusing their attention on her, she hadn't be able to cast even a single Lesser Heal.

She had no idea why they were mainly focusing on her, but perhaps it had to do with Dusk and Tang Yao's resistances being too high, particularly the latter's. With such a large level disparity between them and their target, their silences were pretty much ineffective, hence they threw all their Silences on her.

Moon Child brought Tang Yao back from the brink of death to being somewhat healthy again, saving his life.

"Young Sparrow Hawk, quickly escape!" Nie Yan anxiously shouted. Scorching Meteor was about to finish casting. If he didn't run now, then he would definitely die!