Chapter 102 - Invitation Declined

"We've already taken too much. You used up a lot of Flash Powder and scrolls during that fight, didn't you? I'm sure they weren't cheap. So here, these Fortune Gems should go to you as well," Sleepy Fox said. He already felt extremely satisfied after obtaining the Dark Gold Fighter's chestplate, so he didn't mind passing on the Fortune Gems since they weren't worth much in comparison.

Nie Yan thought for a moment and said, "If you insist, then it would be rude of me to refuse," before accepting the Fortune Gems. After all, although he already had a few in his possession, he could always use more to upgrade his gear.

"Sosil Valley opens tomorrow. Do you want to run it together?" asked Sleepy Fox as he looked at Nie Yan.

Nie Yan shook his head and replied, "No, I'm not really interested right now, but we'll see in the future."

"Ah, alright then..." Since Nie Yan wasn't willing, Sleepy Fox couldn't really force him. Thus, all he could do was sigh and lament over the fact that he couldn't bring such an exceptional Thief with him to the new dungeon.

With the new dungeon opening, Nie Yan definitely didn't want to attract too much attention to himself. Otherwise, he might really end up arousing the suspicion of others. They would wonder if he was a Game Master. How else would he already know how to beat a new dungeon that just opened?

Having completed the dungeon, Nie Yan led Sleepy Fox and the rest of the team back to Nate by taking a shortcut through some thickets.

When they arrived back at the mayor's residence, Nie Yan entered the mansion by himself, and as he stepped into the mayor's room, a cutscene began playing.

You hand over the King Manticore's Eyes to one of the town's residents, Ross, who in turn cries out in surprise and elation. "Oh thank the heavens! This is too unbelievable! Are these really the King Manticore's Eyes? The mayor can be saved!" Ross takes the King Manticore's Eyes and grinds them into a fine powder before feeding it to the mayor, alleviating the poison in his body. You have earned the respect of Nate's inhabitants.」

System: The Influence of all team members in Nate has increased by 6.

System: For your contribution in the team, you have earned 2,200 Reward Points.

System: Holy Empire has earned 3,300 Honour.

System: You have received 23,000 experience points and 12 silvers.

Specialist dungeons always gave out generous rewards. The A.I. system in the game would evaluate each member's performance during the run and distribute their rewards accordingly. Although Nie Yan's contribution was undoubtedly the highest among the team, the other members received ample compensation as well.

Nie Yan glanced at his experience bar, Level 7 and forty-one percent of the way filled, and he couldn't help but exclaim in admiration, "I'm levelling so quickly!" He would soon surpass Sleepy Fox, who after receiving the quest rewards was merely at sixty-two percent.

There were still thirty minutes until the servers shut down. Since Nie Yan wanted to get a few things done before then, he quickly traded two Flash Powders to Sleepy Fox for a silver each and said, "Alright, I'll be taking my leave first then."

"Alright, let's contact each other some other time. Oh, wait! Other than the Flash Powder, do you have anymore of those Sheep Transformation Scrolls and Web Scrolls? If so, would you be willing to sell some to me?" Sleepy Fox asked.

"Sorry, I don't have any more on me, but I can mail you some when I resupply. It's fine if you just give me three silver per scroll," Nie Yan replied.