Chapter 101 - Unknown Transfer Scroll

The King Manticore opened its maw and breathed out a black poisonous mist which enveloped Violent Waves.

"Remove Blind and Dispel on the double!" Just as Nie Yan spoke, the light from a Remove Blind spell enveloped Violent Waves. The Priests followed up on this with Dispel to clear the noxious gas, but only after the spell was cast three times did it finally disperse.

These Priests only possessed a lesser version of the Dispel spell, which was why the effects weren't as powerful, and why it took three casts to fully expel the King Manticore's poison. Even so, this was already considered quite good at this point in the game.

Although a small incident had occurred, the entire team was able to quickly adapt to whatever was thrown at them instead of falling into chaos thanks to Nie Yan's leadership.

"Be careful of the stinger on the tip of the King Manticore's tail. Violent Waves, drink an Anti-Paralysis Potion!"

Nie Yan's orders were both effective and timely.

His ability at commanding the team was so great that Sleepy Fox estimated that, if they were able to defeat the King Manticore, Nie Yan's contribution for the quest would be, at the very minimum, seventy percent or higher.

The only player who was no longer affected by the poisonous mist was Violent Waves. The surrounding five or six frontliners had all been debuffed with the blind status. Unfortunately, the Priests didn't have the leisure to cure them, so they had no choice but to hastily retreat and patiently wait for the debuff to expire on the sidelines.

"Do any of you Paladins have Purify? If you do, use it on the King Manticore!" Nie Yan's eyes swept over the Paladins, but none of them replied.

So be it... I can't expect them to have all the rare skills.

As the battle progressed, the King Manticore's health gradually fell below five percent, whereupon its fur transformed into a shade of bright red. Though this was expected, all of the team members felt their hearts sink. The Elite Manticores were already frightening enough when they became berserk. Just how terrifying would the Lord-class King Manticore become when it entered a berserk state?

The King Manticore's power was rapidly rising as its eyes became bloodshot and filled with murderous intent.

"Shadow Priest, cast Immobilize now!" Nie Yan yelled. Thanks to the prior experiences with the three Elite Manticores, the Shadow Priest already began channeling the spell as soon as he saw the King Manticore's fur turn red, so once Nie Yan gave the order, he was able to cast Immobilize on it right away.

The King Manticore suddenly halted as if it had been forcibly bound by an invisible energy.

"Throw everything you have at it!" Nie Yan yelled. He also circled behind and unleashed every skill in his arsenal on the King Manticore. Assassinate! Lacerate! Vital Strike!

Once all the Mages heard Nie Yan, they unloaded their most powerful, highest mana consuming spells on the boss such as Scorching Flame Explosion, Radiant Judgement, and so on.

The King Manticore was only momentarily paralyzed and recovered almost immediately.「Poof!」However, a pouch of Flash Powder subsequently struck it in the eye and deprived it of its vision. Thus, it could only randomly attack its surroundings in the hope of striking a few players.

Yet this crude tactic seemed effective as the King Manticore's sharp claws streaked across three unlucky players who happened to be too close, instantly killing them. They promptly turned into streaks of light and disappeared from the map.

A berserk attack that dealt three hundred percent damage, no player would be able to survive if they were struck by such.

The King Manticore was akin to a headless fly as it chaotically thrashed around its surroundings. Once the effects of the Flash Powder wore off, however, another perfectly timed pouch exploded in front of its eyes, blinding it yet again.