Chapter 200 - The Master Emerges

Nie Yan thought highly of everyone he recruited, but he still underestimated the skills of the players under him. Leader Young Seven, for example, was normally consigned to the role of a support and rarely ever seen engaging in direct combat. Nie Yan was never clear on how good Young Seven was at PvP. Today, however, he witnessed Young Seven's prowess first-hand.

In the face of imminent death from an ambush by four Thieves, Young Seven hadn't shown the slightest trace of panic. He feared the closest Thief, crippled the second with curses, and resisted being incapacitated by the third with a shield and a blessing. Relying on skill alone, he had effortlessly dealt with three Thieves.

Nie Yan felt Young Seven even rivalled some Mages who were experts at PvP. He previously hoped that Young Seven could hold out for at least ten seconds, so he could take out the Thieves and rescue him. However, Young Seven showed that he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself. Only now did Nie Yan gain a better understanding of what Young Seven could truly do. He was one of the Seven Archbishops in the previous timeline after all. It would be strange if he didn't have the ability to protect himself.

Only when a Priest reached the same stage as Young Seven, where they were not afraid of engaging in PvP, would they start to truly grow. If they had to rely on others to save them whenever they encountered danger, they would forever linger in mediocrity.

"There'll be more of them arriving soon. Let's get out of here while we still can," Nie Yan said. There was no time to pick up the equipment from the ground. The players from Unhindered weren't likely to drop anything good anyway.

Relying on his understanding of the terrain, Ne Yan guided the group through the underground lava caverns, periodically popping out of the woods to launch ambushes on the forces of Unhindered. They were playing a game of cat and mouse, and Unhindered was helpless to stop them.

Nie Yan and the others were in a murderous frenzy, slaughtering countless players from Unhindered.

The post on the official forums was constantly seeing updates:

10:29, Players Killed: 278

10:58, Players Killed: 308

11:27, Players Killed: 323

...

Although the number of players dying in recent updates wasn't as terrifying as the first two, it was still extremely astonishing. While the kill count was steadily rising, Nie Yan's group had yet to lose a single member. If the players on the forums only felt slight admiration for them before, then most now came to genuinely revere Nie Yan and the other members of the group. Ten people were actually able to force an entire guild into such a powerless situation. Asskickers United truly struck dread into the hearts of all.

The players of Unhindered grew more and more paranoid after every successive ambush. They were filled with fear and trepidation, not knowing when or where the enemy would strike next.

Nie Yan and the others were like specters, taking out anywhere from ten to twenty plus players every time they appeared. When more forces arrived to surround them, all traces of them would disappear.

"Shit! How do they keep escaping?!" Hei Zhuo cursed. He was consumed by unending fury, while also feeling utterly helpless as he watched the number of casualties continue to rise.

Yu Long calmly pondered over the question. What Nie Yan's group was doing couldn't simply be accomplished with Invisibility Potions. The answer probably laid beneath the ground. Could they have found some method to safely pass through the lava caverns?