Chapter 13 - Golden Electric Eel

Kalore City transfer point.

At present, a group consisting of twenty or so players were gathered together in a heated discussion.

“I definitely think that guy’s a swindler. How could he possibly know the strategy for the Fallen Shaman Camp!?”

“That person shouldn’t be a swindler. Otherwise, how was he able to correctly guess where our party was wiped? Only by having a deep understanding of this instance, could he have known where we would fall apart.”

Everyone had differing opinions. Hence, it was very hard for them to come to a conclusion.

“Stone, what’s up? Has he said anything?” asked a Warrior on the side. He was Sleepy Fox, the captain of the team.

Stone then proceeded to pass Nie Yan’s words on to them.

A Priest pondered to himself for a while, before looking at his teammates and asking, “Do you guys think his words are trustworthy?”

“Hard to say….” replied a teammate beside him. The several hurdles they had to pass in the Fallen Shaman Camp were too difficult for them. It was to the extent that they had all been wiped out before even having a chance to encounter the Fallen Shaman Priest.

“We can’t say for sure whether or not this Nie Yan (Nirvana Flame) has already beaten the Fallen Shaman Camp with a team.”

“He really is an expert. Remember the area where I was farming, near the Fallen Shaman Camp? It was he who had told me about it. He said that he used to have a Warrior account in the past, but he deleted it and made a new Thief account. I have a feeling his old Warrior account was around Level 4 at the very least. If not, how could he know so much?” Flying Stone said as he argued in Nie Yan’s defense. In regards to Nie Yan’s words, Stone held a firm belief in him.

“So we’re gonna try his method then?”

“Everyone! Begin your preparations. We’ll be setting off in ten minutes,” the Priest called out as he came to a decision.

“Big Brother Fox, are we actually going?” another Mage asked.

“I believe his words hold some degree of credibility. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be so knowledgeable of the Fallen Shaman instance. Let’s give it a try. If that person ends up being a swindler, then I’ll make him pay the price,” said Sleepy Fox in a confident manner. Truth or lie, he was still able to distinguish the two. If it weren’t for them getting wiped at the instance prior to this, he wouldn’t have allowed Stone to contact Nie Yan for help.

...

Nie Yan was still killing Water Spiders and gathering Fine Silk. The whole process was rather mundane and boring.

He was in the middle of fighting against a Water Spider; one that was already on the verge of being defeated.「Hiss! Eee!」The spider let out an intense high-pitched cry.

In the distance, six Water Spiders were alerted by the noise. Their movements showed that they were heading to flank Nie Yan.

Simultaneously dealing with two spiders was his limit. Any more, and he had absolutely no chance of winning.

Nie Yan leapt forward. With a single Vital Strike, the lone Water Spider that had been surviving on low health was killed. As the spider fell, a single copper dropped from its corpse and floated into Nie Yan’s hand. By that time, the six charging Water Spiders had already neared him.

Without delay, Nie Yan dived into the water below and swam towards the lake floor.

Upon arriving at their destination, the six spiders skittered about on the water’s surface as they tried to find traces of Nie Yan.