Chapter 84 - Aggroing Monsters

As Young Seven observed Nie Yan’s taciturn appearance, a certain thought drifted through his mind. Why did he enter Sulgata all by himself? There must’ve been a reason… Maybe a quest of some sort?

“I assume you came here for a reason. Do you need any help?” Young Seven took the initiative to ask.

“Even with these undead servants, I’m still not confident I’ll be able to succeed. Are you certain you want to help?” Nie Yan stared at Young Seven and the others as he narrowed his eyes.

Upon hearing Nie Yan’s rather straightforward response, Young Seven and his squadmates felt their minds turn to mush. If he couldn’t accomplish his task even with that giant bone dragon by his side, then what use would they be?

“Encountering each other here could be considered fate. At the very least, we’re not enemies, so if we can provide any assistance, we’ll do our best to provide it. Even if we can’t, we’ll have at least made another friend, right?” Young Seven replied in an affable manner.

Nie Yan slightly relaxed his mind. In his previous life, he never interacted with Young Seven, Forgotten, or anyone else in their group, so he wasn’t sure of their personalities. Right now, however, they seemed to be pretty easy to get along with. Perhaps they really could become friends.

He went on to ponder in silence. The Skeletal Executioners always seemed to move together. If Young Seven and his team could draw them away, then perhaps he’d have a shot at entering the pyramid. There would certainly be monsters guarding the interior, but he could just let Dark Gladiator deal with them. If things went smoothly, he might actually reach the room where the piece of Sulgata’s Shadow was located.

While Nie Yan continued to ponder deeply, Young Seven, Forgotten, and the rest of the team shot meaningful glances at each other. Although they didn’t know exactly what he was thinking about, he was still a dangerous figure that could annihilate their entire team. If Nie Yan still declined their offer to help, they would have no other choice but to stay as far away as possible.

“If we can’t help, then let’s just leave,” suggested Forgotten.

Young Seven suddenly came to realization upon hearing Forgotten’s suggestion. Since Nie Yan definitely came here with a purpose, perhaps for a secret quest of some sort, their presence here might actually be a hindrance to him! If that was the case, wouldn’t they be worsening their relationship with him instead by attempting to help?

Even now, Nie Yan still hadn't given a reply.

It’s best if we just take our leave then, Young Seven concluded. He turned to Forgotten and replied, “Since we won’t be able to help, let’s forget it. It’s about time we return to town anyway.” His voice just happened to be within earshot of Nie Yan. Their conversation dispelled any misgivings he might’ve previously held and informed him they were willing to leave.

“It’s not that you won’t be able to help. But first, how about we make a little deal?” Nie Yan suddenly interrupted.

“What kind of deal?” Young Seven asked.

“I need you to help me with a certain task. It’s quite dangerous, but if you succeed, I’ll give you a Gold-grade piece of equipment.” Nie Yan still had the shoulder guards in his bag. Although it was a Gold-grade item with decent properties, it was negligible when compared to Sulgata’s Shadow.

If Young Seven and the others were truly willing to help him, he wouldn’t be miserly when it came to rewards.

In the game’s current stage, Gold-grade equipment was fairly rare.

Young Seven, Forgotten, and the rest of the team privately conversed amongst themselves. To illustrate just how rare Gold-grade equipment was, their team had only managed to acquire two Gold-grade pieces of equipment since the game started. Not to mention, they had to go through hell and back each time just to retrieve them. Yet Nie Yan, a player unassociated with any guilds, was actually willing to give one out so easily. This meant his skill was clearly on another level. Young Seven made a firm resolve in his mind. They definitely had to befriend him!