Chapter 196 - Yu Long

"Are you sure they'll come?" Hei Zhuo turned to the three players who were sent over from Victorious Return to act as supervisors.

All the preparations were set. If the forces of Asskickers United emerged, regardless of whether they arrived in thousands or tens of thousands, they would find themselves immediately surrounded and ambushed by a force that dwarfed them by at least several-fold.

If Asskickers United ignored the provocations, Victorious Return would spread word of their cowardice to all facets of the internet so that they'd never be able to raise their heads out in public again. Inversely, if they tried to retaliate, no matter how many players they sent, Kiln Fire Woods would become their burial place. In either scenario, their reputation would still suffer a heavy blow.

Asskickers United had nowhere left to retreat!

The group from Victorious Return was led by a Paladin called Yu Long. Clad in the Level 25 Holy Knight Radiance Set, he emanated the aura of a soldier. His face was calm and tranquil, making it difficult for anyone to ever know what he was thinking.

Even Hei Zhuo, the guild leader of Unhindered, didn't dare to slight him.

He was the second-in-command in all of Victorious Return. He was originally the leader of the Dragon Drive gaming organization. However, after some financial investments, Heaven Breaker eventually brought them under his banner, and Yu Long himself benefited by gaining a 20% share of Victorious Return. It was precisely because of the elite members of Dragon Drive propping up the entire guild that Victorious Return was able to reach the apex. Even Heaven Breaker treated Yu Long with an air of politeness.

In terms of skill, Heaven Breaker was somewhat inferior to Yu Long, though that was par for the course considering he wasn't a professional player. In fact, much of his game knowledge actually came from Yu Long. In order to preserve his prestige in the guild, it was necessary for him to be higher than Yu Long on the level leaderboards. Yu Long naturally knew his own position, which was why he always lagged behind Heaven Breaker by a step. Even Heaven Breaker didn't know Yu Long's true strength. Every time they sparred, Yu Long would purposefully hold back, letting him win. Of course, Heaven Breaker understood the meaning of such a gesture, so he never questioned it. The two men maintained an extremely delicate balance. In the eyes of the guild members and the outside world, however, Yu Long was much less well-known than Heaven Breaker.

"Does it matter?" Yu Long faintly smiled. "However, I don't believe they'll just sit and do nothing. If they don't come, they'll be mocked as weaklings. If they come, even though they'll be annihilated by our combined forces, they can still preserve their honour. If I belonged to the higher-ups of Asskickers United, I'd choose the latter option."

Hei Zhuo naturally understood this logic. But at present, Asskickers United hadn't shown any signs of movement. He truly couldn't tell what exactly they were intending to do.

"Just wait patiently. They won't be able to last past today. Even if their higher-ups can stick it out, I'm afraid the lower ranking members aren't nearly as steadfast. It's only a matter of time before they riot. When that moment comes, I want to see exactly how they'll clean up the mess!" Yu Long said. The situation developed as planned. Everything was under full control.

There was a reason why they were targeting Asskickers United in such a way. Their growth surpassed all expectations. It was starting to become a huge cause for concern for both Yu Long and Heaven Breaker. At the rate things were developing, if they didn't suppress them now, Victorious Return would soon be overtaken by them. Furthermore, the relationship between Asskickers United and Holy Empire was far too close for comfort. Add Sapphire Shrine and Battle Crazed Alliance into the mix, and even the joint forces of Victorious Return, Radiant Sacred Flame, and the several other guilds they were secretly allied with could only play second fiddle.