Chapter 92 - Agmota

This old fogey had always been one to treat his customers in a cold and indifferent fashion, an attitude that hadn't changed one bit since Nie Yan had first met him in the previous timeline. When he stumbled upon this shop by accident back then, his level was already in the thirties. The items sold there were low-level and overpriced, so he only shopped there once or twice to buy a few things. As a result, he only vaguely remembered the location of the shop.

Very few players were willing to put in the time and effort to explore this area due to its remoteness, meaning even fewer were aware of this old man's existence. Perhaps aside from Nie Yan, no other players had yet to discover this shop, but this would change in the future. The slums of the northern district would be demolished and redeveloped into a new area for commerce. Despite that, Trembling Milo's House would somehow persist through this process and remain in business. The new commercial area would bring in players which finally led to the public uncovering him. However, the new exposure didn't stop this old man from continuing to price gouge his customers; thus, only well-off beginners would frequent the shop.

Nie Yan scanned over the merchandise listed in the window. The items he currently sought were two different scrolls and a particular pouch of dust: Web Scroll, Sheep Transformation Scroll, and Flash Powder.

He purchased a dozen pouches of Flash Powder for fifty coppers each, three Web Scrolls, and two Sheep Transformation Scrolls.

Milo was probably a Mage since he often created scrolls out of basic spells and offered them for sale. The scrolls Nie Yan bought contained Web and Sheep Transformation. Web was a spell that provided decent crowd control and could only be learned by Mages once they reached Level 10. The Web Scroll, however, could be activated by any player as soon as they hit Level 5. As for the Sheep Transformation spell, it couldn't be learned until Level 20. Correspondingly, the requirements of the spell were also lowered in scroll form. The caveat being these scrolls came at a hefty price, costing two and three silvers respectively.

The prices of the scrolls increased accordingly with the usefulness of the spells they contained.

These items were so costly that even Nie Yan, who was filthy rich, would feel a slight ache in his heart when employing them. Thus, they would only be used sparingly; otherwise, he'd be spending more money than he earned. Outside of the major guilds, perhaps no other players were willing to purchase these things.

When Nie Yan thought back to the previous timeline, he remembered he had been penniless at this level. If he had been able to, he would have broken copper coins in half just to save a little money, so how would he have been willing to use such items? Fortunately, his present circumstances were substantially different, so much so that he could be described as rich and imposing.

After purchasing the items, he left Trembling Milo's House and headed for the transfer point.

We've gathered the skill books, and we're all ready to set off. We'll all need to hurry, though, since the servers go down in two hours,」Sleepy Fox messaged.

I'll be there shortly,」Nie Yan replied.

The return trip was much quicker, and he soon arrived at the transfer point.

"You're here. Did you get what you needed?" Sleepy Fox greeted. He was quite curious. Just what did Nie Yan buy for him to take so long to return?

"Yeah, I got it." Nie Yan nodded.

However, since Nie Yan didn't bother explaining, he wouldn't make any further inquiries.

With no other issues delaying them, everyone was ready to set off. Soon, the members of the team began stepping into the transfer point. Their destination was a small town called Nate, which meant "marshland settlement" in the Ancient Common language. Since the town was situated in a remote area, the price of the transfer was ten coppers per player.