Chapter 195 - Hundred Thief Task Force

Nie Yan swept his eyes over the fired up crowd. They were the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and suited with the best gear the guild had available. Even when compared to the top-elites of Victorious Return, they wouldn't be found lacking in any respect. They were some of the most highly-skilled players in Calore!

A group like this was enough to execute his plan!

Nie Yan turned to Guo Huai and said, "Beside the Anti-Paralysis Potions, tell Bird hand over anything else, Intermediate Health Potions, Intermediate Mana Potions, Intermediate Invisibility Potions..." He continued, "Today, we're going to spill a river of blood!"

Guo Huai nodded. "Alright, I've informed the subordinates making the errands."

"What exactly are you planning to do?" Zhao Li asked.

"We'll be throwing ourselves into a quagmire by sending too many people. We're better off with a select few," Nie Yan replied. There were certain advantages to smaller numbers, particularly in the aspect of mobility. He was going to oppose Unhindered by employing guerrilla tactics, which would allow him to properly teach them a lesson.

"With just you guys?" Zhao Li stared at Nie Yan in shock.

"Yep, just us is enough," Nie Yan said. Instead, too many people would make them larger targets.

"A lot of guild members are still levelling outside. Do you want me to call them back?" Guo Huai asked, slightly worried the number of people in Nie Yan's group wasn't enough.

Nie Yan shook his head. "No need. Let them continue."

Seeing that Nie Yan had made his decision, Guo Huai knew any further attempts at dissuading him would prove fruitless. He helplessly sighed, "Alright, just be careful. Please. I still think that it's extremely dangerous for you to go with such a small group."

Nie Yan turned around and said in a strict tone, "There won't be many of us on this operation, and it'll be dangerous. Those of you who don't want to take part can leave now. Those who are willing to stay, state your names!"

"Blowhard Summer Bug!"

"Leader Young Seven!"

"Undying Scoundrel!"

"Young Sparrow Hawk!"

"Blue Yarn Thread!"

...

Nie Yan looked over the crowd. None of them shrunk away from the task. He gave a satisfied nod. "Good! I'm glad to know that we don't have cowards in my guild!"

"Boss, what are we going to do?" Undying Scoundrel asked.

"Go prepare first. We'll be getting a delivery of potions soon. I'll explain my plan then. Make sure you get some extra supplies. We're going to have a very long and hard battle ahead of us!" Nie Yan said. He wanted to stock up on Intermediate Flash Powder and some other items that might be of use as well. On a different note, he could now wear the set of Gold equipment he'd gotten from Withered Leaf. Its stat bonuses would give him enough Dexterity to finally equip the Scarlet Poison Ring.

"Young Sparrow Hawk, stay here. You don't have to take part in this operation," Nie Yan said to Tang Yao.

"What! Why?" Tang Yao asked, unwilling to be left behind.

"We can't afford to have you dying and dropping levels," Nie Yan replied. He was a Thief. Under normal circumstances, he felt confident in his ability to survive. He couldn't say the same for the players in the group, especially the Mages. The difference was that if the other members died, their equipment could be replaced, and their levels could be grinded back without suffering many repercussions. However, if Tang Yao died, it would shake the entire guild!