Chapter 110 - Lively Market

Nie Yan carefully inspected his surroundings, making sure not to overlook even a single inch. His movements were extremely cautious. He didn't dare to make the slightest sound, for fear that he might alert the Fire Elemental sleeping in the depths.

Eventually, his search led him to a hidden crevice. There, past volcanic fumes and smoke that obscured his vision, he found a small shabby chest tucked tightly behind a boulder.

The chest was made of wooden plank. Through the passing of centuries, the wood had long decomposed and become riddled with holes. Yet the fact it hadn't broken down entirely in this harsh environment was the most surprising. It appeared rather ordinary, lacking the elegant designs of its silver and gold counterparts. The only feature worth paying particular attention to was the fire immunity rune engraved on the wood.

Although the ancient character appeared simple, it was exactly such an inconspicuous rune that isolated the chest from the fire elements in this cavern and ensured its integrity.

If my guess is correct... this should be it! Nie Yan knelt down and then opened the chest. He fished around for a while and eventually pulled out a ring.

Crawler Ring: Unidentified

The Crawler Ring! Alongside the Silk Spinner Ring[1], these two rings were essential for any player who wanted to be considered top-tier!

Nie Yan used Transcendent Insight to appraise the Crawler Ring's properties.

Crawler Ring (Bronze): Unique Accessory

Requirements: Level 0

Properties: Enables the user to stick to walls and similar surfaces for ten minutes. (Cooldown: 1 hour)

Weight: 0.05 lb

Restrictions: Can be equipped by all factions.

The Crawler Ring, similar to the Silk Spinner Ring, was a unique accessory that aided the player in traversing difficult obstacles. Why had he risked life and death by passing through a Level 30 zone and sneaking into the Gaia Monitor's nest?

It was precisely for the sake of obtaining this ring!

Now that Nie Yan had both rings, there were no longer any obstacles that could hinder his path!

Filled with expectations, he equipped the Crawler Ring.

After obtaining the item he desired, he thought for a moment. He could simply teleport out of here with a Return Scroll, but awakening the Fire Elemental wasn't a risk he was willing to take. The effects of the scroll's activation might alert the Fire Elemental of his presence.

As he retraced his steps, he was able to hear a rather rhythmic snoring coming from the depths of the cavern, sending forth a wave of hot air with every breath.

He quietly arrived back at the cavern's entrance. There, he activated the Crawler Ring's ability and immediately felt a strange suction force coming from his palms. Both hands stuck firmly to the surface of the rock as he began to descend the cliff.

If one were to spot him from afar, he would resemble a spider as he clung closely to the rock face. He was able to move quickly and easily as if he were treading on level ground.

For him, these steep, perilous cliffs were no longer a problem!

While searching for a suitable stopping point as he made his descent, he eventually came across a ledge he could stand on. There, he would be able to free up both his hands to use a Return Scroll.

Hmmm... The bottom seems like a Level 20-ish zone. There are quite a few Leader-class monsters there as well! Nie Yan stared at the monsters in the valley below, then glanced back at the Thunderbolt Blaze Scroll in his bag before having an inkling of an idea...