Chapter 118 - Sea of Bones

Nie Yan led the pair of Skeleton Kodos in clearing out to the rest of the monsters in the vicinity. During this, he would also occasionally use Undead Rite in an attempt to recruit more servants. After all, the chances of success might be slim to none, but what harm was there in trying?

Since the Kodos' spawning areas were rather sporadic, Nie Yan had to lead his minions all over the region to hunt them, while steamrolling everything in his path. By the time he had killed ten Kodos, he was able to bring yet another Skeleton Kodo under his control.

Now, with three Kodos, he possessed enough manpower to move on to the next phase of his plan.

Tang Yao was left awed by the sight of these three immense skeletal minions.

"What's your experience at now?" Nie Yan asked.

"57%," Tang Yao responded.

"Nice, you'll be levelling up soon. I'll stick around for a little while longer, but then I gotta head off and take care of some business. When you reach Level 8, let your Arcane Fairy have all the experience, then I'll help you evolve it to Rank 2. Afterwards, I'll bring you to somewhere you can train on your own." Raising a fairy from Rank 1 to Rank 2 was fairly easy, but getting it from Rank 2 to Rank 3 was a hundred times more difficult. From Rank 3 and onwards, the amount of experience required became even more excessive. This was also one of the reasons why Arcane Fairies were so difficult to nurture.

"Sure!" Tang Yao nodded. He wanted to prioritize leveling himself, but since Nie Yan had something else in mind, he decided to simply follow his instructions. Besides, he would have many more opportunities to tag along with Nie Yan in the future. Levelling with his brother was just too exhilarating to miss out on!

"So, where am I going to train?" Tang Yao asked in confusion. After all, with his current stats, attempting to solo grind mobs in this region was practically committing suicide.

"There's a region to the east where Level 19 Skeleton Soldiers spawn. You should be able to train at that place. Oh, and don't worry about their levels. You'll understand what I mean when we get there," Nie Yan answered.

Tang Yao was still slightly bewildered. Would he really be able to kill Level 19 mobs at his level? However, since Nie Yan said so, it definitely meant he had a plan.

Nie Yan led the Kodos around the zone, clearing out everything in his path. Eventually, a jingling sound rang out and he was enveloped in a brilliant radiance. He had levelled up as well.

Upon reaching Level 10, he opened his character page and saw that he now had seven stat points and two mastery points to allocate.

For the sake of being able to equip Sulgata's Boots sooner, he unhesitatingly placed all seven points into Strength.

After allocating his stats, he glanced at his Strength which now amounted to a total of fifty-three. Although it seemed like a far cry from the one hundred and thirty points he'd need to equip Sulgata's Boots, in actuality, it was almost within his reach. Nie Yan did, after all, have many methods of raising his Strength without needing to rely on the stats gained from levelling up, the Chapter of Freedom being one of them. The reason he had set out to retrieve this chapter next was because it increased Strength by a considerable amount. If he were able to equip the restored Sulgata's Shadow, then everything would be perfect.

As for the two mastery points, he placed a single point into both Intermediate Marksman and Beginner Adept Hands. The former increased a Thief's proficiency with bows and crossbows, which increased ranged damage and provided a one percent armour piercing effect. The latter enabled a Thief to nimbly switch between different stances when using a dagger such as reverse grip, forward grip, and so on. It also increased damage by two percent and provided additional benefits to Steal.