Chapter 33 - The Boss Emerges: Guardian of Order

Alarms rang out in Nie Yan’s mind. He understood well what this announcement signified: he was currently in a sealed region. How could the game allow him to get the Chapter of Courage so easily?

It was reasonable to assume that the chapter would have a guardian protecting it, which was a boss known as the Guardian of Order. However, up until now, why had it still not made an appearance?

In the past, Nie Yan had merely skimmed through the video regarding the chapter. There was one thing, however, that remained deeply engraved in his mind: the imposing figure of the Guardian of Order.

As Nie Yan thought about this, the ground beneath his feet began to violently tremble and crack. It was as though something below was attempting to force its way up. Nie Yan glanced at the path he took to get here, but found it had been obstructed by falling boulders.

Shit… I have to make a run for it! He looked around but there wasn’t even a single exit anywhere in sight. With no other options left, he began heading towards the mountain.

Upon arrival, he found a slope that didn’t seem too steep and began nimbly climbing his way up.

Many trees grew atop the mountain slope, giving him plenty of handholds.

While climbing, Nie Yan suddenly recalled something, Oh right, the Silk Spinner Ring! Up until now, he still hadn’t found an opportunity to appraise the ring. However now, with Transcendent Insight, appraising it would be a cinch. He took the ring out from his knapsack and appraised it.

Silk Spinner Ring (Bronze): Unique Accessory
Requirements: Level 0
Properties: Release a thread of silk that can adhere to certain surfaces. The thread can extend up to five meters in length and has a tensile strength of two hundred pounds. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
Weight: 0.05 lb
Restrictions: Can be equipped by all factions.

After equipping the Silk Spinner Ring, he wanted to appraise Assassin’s Decree as well. At that very moment, however, a powerful gust of heat was expelled from the valley below as the ground shattered into countless pieces. Like a volcanic eruption, countless boulders and rock fragments were sent flying into the air. Many of the trees in the valley had been uprooted and were strewn across the area, while others had spontaneously combusted—a scene of utter and absolute destruction.

At the very centre of the valley, a horrifying crater of lava emerged and swallowed up everything within its reach.

A dormant giant, awoken from its slumber, pulled itself up from deep beneath the ground. It was the servant of God and possessed the power to bestow divine judgement.

I don’t have much time… The suddenness of it all prevented Nie Yan from appraising the dagger, as he had to divert his attention back to scaling the mountain. The burst of heat had caught him off guard and he nearly slipped and fell back down to the valley below.

Standing atop one of the many trees growing horizontally on the mountainside, Nie Yan glanced upwards, looking for the next handhold. After spotting one about two meters away, he leapt high up into the air and grabbed onto a protruding rock, then clambered up. With this, he had made some more progress scaling the mountain.

Meanwhile, back at the valley, a giant head emerged from the cracks in the earth, followed by immense arms, a torso, and legs.

From head to toe, the giant was roughly sixty meters in height. Two wings covered in pitch black feathers sprouted from its back. In its hand was a thirty-meter-long crystal scepter. When it emerged from the earth, its entire body ignited with a blazing red aura, causing a whirlwind of scorching heat to rise and form at the centre of the valley.