Chapter 21 - Fire Chaser Set

“That would require you to have at least some skill!” Nie Yan laughed in contempt as he turned around and dashed away.

He managed to pull himself away from the Berserker almost instantaneously. The Thief was already an inherently nimble class. Yet now, with the dexterity bonus from his Bronze-grade equipment and the movement speed bonus from the scroll, Nie Yan vastly outstripped the Berserker in terms of speed.

Nie Yan had already retreated five yards back.

“Don’t let him run away, or else we won’t be able to explain ourselves to the captain!” the Berserker shouted anxiously. He was too slow. There was absolutely no way he’d be able to catch up. As he took a quick glance at Charge on his skill bar, he lamented the fact that it was still on cooldown.

“I know.” The Priest attacked once more. A beam of holy light struck Nie Yan, dealing sixteen damage.

The Berserker relentlessly pursued from behind.

However, from the start, Nie Yan never intended to escape. He was simply stalling for time so that a few skills could come off cooldown.

Just as the Priest finished casting, Nie Yan pulled back and began applying bandages to himself.

+20… +20… +20… +20—

Gradually, his health began restoring every second. On the fourth tick, the Priest struck Nie Yan with another beam of holy light, interrupting the healing.

Though by this time, Nie Yan had already been restored to full health.

At present, with the average level of the player base, Intermediate Combat Medic was an existence that defied the Heavens.

“He has a Medic skill!” the Berserker exclaimed in surprise; a hint of fear could be heard in his tone. What kind of Medic skill is this!? The Medic skills he had seen in the past could only be used when combat ended. Nonetheless, they would still only restore five health every second. Yet… Nie Yan’s skill restored twenty! He had never even encountered a Medic skill like Nie Yan’s that could be used in the middle of combat, let alone one that had such outrageous healing effects too.

It was a painstaking effort trying to get Nie Yan down to low health. His death was right before their eyes. Then all of a sudden, the situation completely reversed!

By now all of Nie Yan’s skills had come off cooldown. The corner of his lips faintly curved into a smile. Now it’s your turn! He turned around and dashed in the direction of the Berserker.

The Berserker’s complexion turned deathly white as he watched Nie Yan pounce towards him. Hurriedly, he raised his sword in an attempt to resist.

Nie Yan at full health could kill their captain even while being attacked on three sides. Now that Dian Cang was dead, how could just the two of them possibly be a match for Nie Yan!?

The dagger in Nie Yan’s hand sliced in a wide arc, then suddenly changed direction mid slash. Concussive Blow!「Thwack!」The Berserker’s greatsword crashed into Nie Yan’s chest. At the same time, the pommel of Nie Yan’s dagger hit the Berserker directly on the forehead!

The Berserker sunk into a dazed state.

Assassinate! Nie Yan plunged the dagger into the Berserker’s chest. He then followed up with Vital Strike, sending the dagger even deeper into his target. Instantly, the Berserker lost the greater portion of his health.

Seeing the Berserker about to come back to his sense, Nie Yan circled behind him and used Smothering Strike, putting him in a dazed state once more.