Chapter 155 - Ceasefire

A lot of unnecessary conflict could be avoided if Holy Empire were able to simply escort Nie Yan and Tang Yao out of the map, lest their presence be the fuse to ignite a feud with Victorious Return, but that just wasn't possible with so many enemy scouts lurking around. It was quite likely that as soon as they attempted to bring the pair out, they'd be intercepted mid-way since their bright red names made them too conspicuous in this barren, rocky landscape.

"Boss, we've collected over 80 pieces of equipment. Most of them are pretty good quality," a Holy Empire player approached Sleepy Fox and informed. There should've been 300 pieces dropped, but he figured the Victorious Return players had managed to recover quite a few, hence why only 80 or so pieces remained.

In fact, there had actually been more equipment with even better properties left on the ground, but they were all collected by Guo Huai and the others. Shortly after their group returned to Calore, Nie Yan had received a system message that Guo Huai had deposited 30 or so pieces of equipment into the guild treasury. They had acted covertly, so the players from Holy Empire were probably wholly unaware.

After a moment of silence, Sleepy Fox looked to Nie Yan and asked, "How do you think we should handle these drops?" This equipment, all of which had once belonged to Victorious Return's elites, was akin to a big slab of tantalizing, juicy meat. A pity that his guild hadn't done enough to justify taking it all for themselves, since Holy Empire only arrived in time to finish off the stragglers which amounted to about ten percent of Victorious Return's total force. Of course, his guild could simply choose to swallow everything, but when all was said and done, they'd still be slighting the other party, an act that could damage the cooperation of both sides down the line. Unable to come to a decision, Sleepy Fox threw the ball in Nie Yan's court.

"Let's take half each. We'll divide it up according to properties. A portion of the equipment came from my team members, so I have to do my best to help them get it back," Nie Yan replied. If Holy Empire received the short end of the stick, then Sleepy Fox probably wouldn't be satisfied. After all, he had saved their lives. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the equipment was indeed obtained through their efforts, so if it was divided up evenly, Sleepy Fox wouldn't have any grounds to object, and that was ignoring the almost certain possibility that he had taken advantage of the situation to fill his own pockets first. As for whether they truly did only find 80 pieces of equipment lying on the ground, Nie Yan had no way of knowing.

Sleepy Fox nodded his head and said, "Then, we'll do as you suggested." After which, he had his subordinate hand over 40 pieces of equipment to Nie Yan.

Dividing equipment was the easiest time for disputes to arise. Fortunately, Nie Yan and Sleepy Fox were players who didn't lack money. The former was the owner of the Starry Night Potion Shop while the latter was the guild leader of a major guild. Neither of them could be bothered to fuss over a few pieces of equipment.

Nie Yan planned to pad the guild treasury with this equipment. It required constant investment for them to truly succeed. Take, for example, a major guild like Holy Empire, their treasury was still far from being enough even after putting at least 100 gold into it. He still had a long road ahead of him since Asskickers United's treasury had only recently started being built up.

"Heaven Breaker won't do anything too rash," Sleepy Fox said after thinking for a bit. Both guilds would come into conflict sooner or later, but it was still too early right now. If they did clash, it would only end up benefiting others.

Soon, the five thousand troops from Victorious Return arrived. The dense crowd of players headed by their guild leader, Heaven Breaker, formed a crescent formation, then gradually began surrounding Sleepy Fox's group.