Chapter 61 - Favour

“How could it be him…?” Nie Yan muttered to himself. Though he had no dealings with Resplendent Bladelight, he still recognized this name because it was quite influential in his past life.

Bladelight held impressive renown as he stood amongst the top three Fighters in the game. That said, the rankings were an inadequate indicator of their strength due to the minuscule gap between him and his two rivals. This made it near impossible for others to determine who truly reigned supreme; therefore, despite not being the absolute strongest, Bladelight was still a celebrity Nie Yan had heard of.

Now that Nie Yan thought about it, he seemed to recall there was a story surrounding Resplendent Bladelight. It was about one of his friends, an Elementalist named Hei Zhuo (Black Amazing). The two, who jointly established a guild named Unhindered, were considered the closest of friends. However, Bladelight didn’t care much for managing Unhindered, so full authority over the guild eventually fell to Hei Zhuo. Later on, Bladelight found out his girlfriend was having an affair with Hei Zhuo while he, of course, had absolutely no clue this had been occurring. He was a proud and arrogant person, so how could he bear this sort of humiliation? In retaliation, he brought many of his brothers away and left the guild. From then on, Unhindered separated into two factions with irreconcilable differences. As for what happened after… Bladelight could be considered a hero of sorts—he kept to his promises, valued loyalty, and was well respected among other players. Moreover, no one disputed his position as one of the top three Fighters in the game. Hence, without Bladelight, Unhindered went on a continual decline and eventually degenerated into a second-rate guild.

As Bladelight resisted the three Lions, he felt a cold chill run down his spine and a peculiar sensation arose in his heart. He steadily retreated as he fought, occasionally glancing behind to look around, yet he saw nothing but empty space.

However, his instincts would never betray him. He knew this odd feeling came from the gaze of a Thief.

Even with six points in Awareness, he was still unable to locate the other party’s position. This isn’t an ordinary Thief!

“Brother, since you’re already here, why don’t you show yourself? My name is Resplendent Bladelight. If you’ve decided to attack, I won’t attempt to struggle since I’m done for in any case. However, if you’re willing to save me, you’ll have my thanks. In addition, I’ll even swear on my name that I’ll remember this favour.” Bladelight spoke in a clear tone. At the same moment, the Lion that had been left behind recovered from its crippled state and joined back with its two companions. All three pounced forward and intensified their assault.

Hoh? I didn’t think he’d be able to notice me. Nie Yan pondered for a short while. He would only obtain a single piece of equipment if he killed Bladelight. The equipment he’d acquire wasn’t for his class and its value wasn’t something he highly regarded. In contrast, being owed a favour by a top-tier Fighter held much greater appeal than a single piece of equipment. Moreover, from his previous life, he knew Bladelight was known for being a trustworthy person.

The lights and shadows in the background blurred, followed by a figure emerging into sight roughly three meters from Bladelight. Nie Yan had emerged! He lowered his body and swiftly struck one of the Lions with a sweeping kick.

Concussive Blow!

The blade of his daggers flashed with a cold glint. Among the three Lions, the one he struck with Concussive Blow was low on health. Nie Yan chained his prior attack with Assassinate followed by Vital Strike and instantly killed the Lion, whereupon he drew back immediately and pulled out a crossbow.「Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!」Three bolts shot out of the crossbow and pierced the air.「Put! Put! Put!」