Chapter 192 - Large-Scale Mobbing

With the Dullahan Cavalry Crossbow crafted, Nie Yan proceeded to his personal storage to retrieve the Level 20 Thief set, the Eternal Night of Silence, that he'd gotten in his trade with Withered Leaf. He sent a message to Tang Yao.「Come to Calore. I'll take you to level.

Finally! I've been losing my mind over here grinding Scaled Frogs!」Tang Yao grew excited after hearing that Nie Yan wanted to take him somewhere else to level. He activated a Return Scroll and arrived back in Calore.

A short while later, Nie Yan met up with Tang Yao at the transfer area.

"Where's Yao Yao and Sun? Didn't they come with you?" Nie Yan asked after seeing that Tang Yao was alone.

"No, they said they didn't want to drag us down. The two of them can hunt Scaled Frogs by themselves now anyway," Tang Yao answered.

Nie Yan pondered for a moment. If Yao Yao and Sun did tag along, the experience shared between four players would be pretty meagre. They really were better off hunting by themselves. At their current levels, the experience from Scaled Frogs was still pretty good. Although the drain on supplies was high, with them constantly having to spend money to restock on Smoke Powder, the value of the loot they'd pick up would more than make up for the costs. Besides, if they sold the surplus equipment to the guild, Guo Huai would surely compensate them fairly.

"That's fine too. It's not like levelling on Scaled Frogs is slow either."

"Yao Yao wants to bring Yu Lan (Blue Feather) and them along with her. She wants to help them get their levels up as well."

Nie Yan nodded. After the matter with Victorious Return outside Blackflame Forest, Yu Lan's team became loyal members of Asskickers United. Bringing their overall level up was the same as increasing the strength of the guild.

"Go prepare. We'll set off soon," Nie Yan said. The leaderboards showed that Heaven Breaker was already Level 26. He wasn't sure how far behind Heaven Breaker was in experience, but he definitely couldn't be allowed to surpass Tang Yao.

"Right! I'll be all good in just a moment!" Tang Yao deposited all of the loot he picked up into the guild treasury. He made a trip to the Starry Night Potion Shop to restock on consumables, and then to the general shop to buy a few Return Scrolls.

Once Tang Yao was back, the two of them stepped into the Calore transfer point. They each spent 15 silver to teleport to Kemento Town.

The town was almost completely empty when they arrived, save for a handful of NPCs walking on the main street. All of the maps in the vicinity of the town were too high of a level for the current playerbase. So very few, if any, players had a reason to come here at present.

In the previous timeline, Kemento was the most prosperous place for gem trade. There were several high-level maps nearby that were rich with gems, particularly Everlasting City. It produced the greatest quantity of high-quality gems. Almost every day, Jewelcrafters would arrive here in hordes to purchase those gems.

Both of them left Kemento, heading south where they entered a region of plains. After travelling for ten minutes, a magnificent golden castle came into view.

Tang Yao gasped in astonishment. This golden castle was even more striking than the central district of Calore! It took up an enormous area, while at the center was a tall, majestic dome that reflected a dazzling splendor.

The Everlasting City was a remnant of the Dark Era. The atrocities committed by the dragons forced many races to find ways to defend themselves. They constructed unassailable fortresses and powerful automatons to protect their people. Even at the peak of the dragon race's dominance, the main forces of the dragons failed to take this castle. As a result, it became known as the Everlasting City.