Chapter 35 - Trip

The chapters from the Book of Order weren’t going to be left in incompetent hands, thus existences such as the Guardians of Order emerged.

The game designers put in such a powerful creature to guard the chapter, yet only gave it low-level intelligence. Therefore, the Guardian of Order only acted by instinct and its aggro system was the same as any other ordinary monster.

Therefore, Commander Nisode’s arrival had saved Nie Yan’s life at the most critical juncture.

There’s actually quite a few people here… Nie Yan swept his gaze over the surrounding environment and noticed many other players eyeing the current battle like tigers watching their prey. The moment the Guardian of Order died, these hundred or so players would all simultaneously take action in an attempt to pilfer whatever equipment that dropped!

There’re so many people here. Even if the equipment does drop, I definitely won’t be able to snatch it. I already got the Chapter of Courage… I should be satisfied with what I have, Nie Yan inwardly contemplated.

He was an easily satisfied person. Thus he never held high hopes when situations occurred where it was certain he would not obtain anything.

Nie Yan focused his gaze after peering past several obstacles and caught sight of a few acquaintances.

Splendid Star: a twenty-something-year-old man with a squarish jawline. He was the guild leader of Splendid Temple. Even though he couldn’t be regarded as handsome, he was still passable in terms of looks. His clean-shaven face gave off a bright and refreshing kind of look. In Nie Yan’s past life, he had friendly interactions with Nie Yan. Having helped Nie Yan on several occasions, he had a reckless personality but valued loyalty and friendship. In turn, Nie Yan had also accompanied him and his friends during several guild expeditions.

Swift Slash: a sloppy looking man and the thirty-six-year-old guild leader of Dark Massacre. According to rumours, he was part of the criminal underworld and had quite a few underlings under his command. His personality was nothing great and on would every so often butt heads with Splendid Star. As such, Nie Yan himself didn’t have too great of an impression on this person.

Sleepy Fox: a player who was roughly thirty years old. Nie Yan wasn’t too familiar with him nor did they have any sort of relationship. However, as the guild leader of Holy Empire, he was a somewhat well-known name. It was rumoured his prestige within the guild was fairly high—he was capable of leading Holy Empire into becoming one of the top ten largest guilds. This achievement alone was proof of his strength.

He was also the holder of the Chapter of Courage in Nie Yan’s previous life!

Splendid Star and his group were lying in wait among the ruined buildings in the west. Swift Slash and his group were located in the southwest. Both sides were watching like tigers awaiting their prey, ready to act any moment. On the other hand, Sleepy Fox was located in the east. The corner of his mouth curved into a ridiculing smile as he gazed at the two sides ready to duke it out. He planned to swoop in when both sides were exhausted.

As he watched such a scene unfold, Nie Yan couldn’t help thinking… what if Sleepy Fox were to know he had taken the Chapter of Courage which was supposed to belong to him? What kind of reaction would Sleepy Fox have? Would he grab all his men and unrelentingly chase him down?

“Swift Slash, with our Splendid Temple members here, your Dark Massacre guild should just step off to the side. Don’t be so unwilling to accept it. I was the first to reach Level 5 before you. I was also the first to clear the Treant Forest and Blackflame Forest before you. No matter in real life, or in the game, I’ve always been ahead of you!” Splendid Star bluntly proclaimed as he stared at Swift Slash in an unyielding manner.