Chapter 159 - Godly Video

Save for the occasional chirp of insects among the trees, shrubbery, or foliage laden earth, all was quiet in the forest where a gloomy bleakness permeated the atmosphere. Here, signs of player activity were almost nonexistent, and for now, this wouldn't change since almost no one dared to venture forth into this region. When Nie Yan levelled here in his past life, he would often see parties of twos and threes forming teams to grind mobs, among which there was no lack of players with red names. Once in a while, when an Elite or Sub-Elite spawned, the players nearby would frantically fight over it, often resulting in chaotic clashes that littered the place with countless bodies.

In fact, even though levelling in Conviction was rather difficult, if a player focused solely on levelling, they would be able to hit Level 180 in three years' time while the faster ones might even reach Level 200. Though, for many players, between PvPing, exploring new dungeons, taking on bosses above their level, besieging strongholds, and so on, dying was no different than eating breakfast. As such, making any net progress in level was quite challenging. But it was precisely these numerous setbacks that allowed them to grow into genuine experts. In the later stages of the game, it was fairly common for a high-level player who was carried by their good equipment to be easily defeated by a lower-level player who outskilled them.

After traversing vast stretches of forest, Nie Yan and company finally heard croaking sounds in the distance, signaling they had arrived at the depths where the Scaled Frogs spawned.

"What's your mana at now? Also, how many potions did you bring along?" Nie Yan turned to Tang Yao and asked. Without the Arcane Fairy, running out of mana mid-fight became a serious concern.

"Including the few Sun brought over, I have 30 Mana Recovery Potions and 10 Junior Mana Potions," Tang Yao answered. Although it seemed to be quite a bit at first glance, if they encountered an Elite, it would be far from enough. Mana Potions had set cooldowns, so he wouldn't be able to chug them down continuously. If he had to stop for even a moment to recover his mana when fighting an Elite, then his mobbing speed would slow down significantly.

Suddenly thinking of a solution, Nie Yan turned to Yao Yao and asked, "Have you learned Mana Transfer?" It was a Holy Mage spell that allowed the caster to transfer a portion of their own mana to a target. Regrettably, with a transfer rate of around 50%-60%, it proved to be rather inefficient.

"Yes, I've learned it." Yao Yao nodded. As a Holy Mage who often ran dungeons with her team, Mana Transfer was an indispensable spell. When the situation called for it, she had to be ready to transfer over some of her mana to a Priest. Even though Holy Mages usually possessed the most raw damage in a team, surpassing even Elementalists and Arcane Mages, to the extent that mobbing would slow down noticeably if they stopped attacking, a large dip in damage in exchange for everyone's survival was generally well-worth the trade.

"Nice, that makes things a lot more convenient. Later on, when you see Young Sparrow Hawk running low on mana, you can just transfer some of yours over to him," Nie Yan stated. Mana Transfer's cooldown was around two minutes, while without it being interrupted, it could transfer up to 200 mana. If that was the case, they would no longer have to worry about Tang Yao running out of mana. With the support of Yao Yao and the mana replenishing items, so long as he didn't cast any especially mana intensive spells such as Meteor, maintaining a consistent damage output wouldn't be a problem.

"You don't need me to attack?" Yao Yao asked in a confused manner.

Shaking his head, Nie Yan replied, "No, your level isn't high enough, so you won't be able to deal any damage to these Scaled Frogs."

"How long do you think it'll take us to take down an Elite Scaled Frog now?" Tang Yao asked.

"I'd say at least an hour. If it's a Sub-Elite, then probably around half an hour."