59. Pray

A sky full of stars and he was staring at her

he was staring at her.

Justin's P.O.V

𝟏𝟏 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭

Humming a tune to myself, I continued to style my hair while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was going to leave for New York in a while. My visit was for two days as I've got to do a bunch of interviews there. I offered Charlotte to come with me but she refused. She mentioned having to do some important work here.

Again, I insisted to let myself stay at home and do the interviews via Zoom. But she ended up convincing me to go. I had to agree in the end.

Believe me, you don't want to anger the pregnant Charlotte if you know what is good for you.

After I was done styling my hair, I had an approving look on my face for the choice of my outfit for the day.

I was wearing a black longline T-shirt along with slightly loose black leather pants, over the T-shirt. I was also wearing a mahogany and black checkered quilt lined overshirt and at last, I was going to pair it with leopard print classic slip on shoes.

As I settled myself down on the edge of my king sized bed to wear my shoes, I was interrupted by a loud wail

I frowned to myself. I put on my shoes quickly before making my way downstairs towards the living room. My eyes widened a little when I saw Charlotte crying and stuffing a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"Are you okay, angel?" I asked softly and she turned to me. Her lips started wobbling even more as tears continued to stream down her face like some waterfall.

"I'm in such trouble." She cried and fell her back against the couch. I slowly made my way towards the couch and sat down beside her. "Look," She wailed as she stretched her beige colored dress dramatically. I turned my attention to it. "The button fell off." She mewled.

I looked at her. If I wasn't slightly amused by this, I would have been in awe by her adorable self. Also the fact that I was having an urge to laugh wasn't helping me much in order to keep a straight face on.