28. "The Damage Is Done."

All I needed was the love you gaveAll I needed for another dayAnd all I ever knewOnly you

All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you

Charlotte's P.O.V

"Hey Charlotte?" I heard Mason yell behind me as me and Emma were walking towards her car. "Yeah?" I asked turning back to see him running towards us. "Do you want to hang out? You know doing homeworks and all the stuff." He asked nervously. I saw Emma staring at me making me glare at her. "Yeah sure." I smiled at him. "Cool. I'll meet you soon at your place?" He asked and I nodded. "Okay." I said. "Bye." I said before Emma dragged me to her car.

"Are you out of your mind!? Did you just invite Mason to your house?" She whispered yelled. "Yeah I did. He isn't a bad person, Em." I said. "He is. He cheated on you." She said. "Did you forget how broken you were? How you cried for days and nights? How you even got sick and that asshole didn't even cared and was busy fucking that bimbo." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I remember it but he has changed." I said. "How do you know that he has changed? He must be faking it." She shrugged. "I just know, okay. And if he's not then I know that he is trying. I can see it." I said and she sighed.

"Whatever, just beware." She said and I nodded. "I will. And I have you with me. You'll break his hands before he can touch me." I said and she nodded while smirking.

"That, I would." She smirked and I giggled.

****

"I'll see you later." I said unbuckling my seatbelt and got out of the car. "Bye." Emma said cutely before driving off. I sighed while adjusting my backpack and walked inside.

Everything was quite. Like awfully quite. Is Justin here or not? I exhaled the breath I don't know for how long I was holding when I saw no one in the living room. I lazily settled myself down on the couch.

I felt my throat getting dry. I need water. I got up and went in the kitchen getting myself a chilled glass of water. I immediately started gulping it down, feeling the cool water again my throat. I sighed happily before keeping the glass in the sink.

I deserved that glass of water.

I turned around and gasped in horror when I saw Justin staring at me. He was standing close to me. How did he suddenly appear behind me? How did I never noticed him coming?

By just looking at him, I remember what had occurred yesterday night. I felt really humiliated, ashamed and I was pissed. I just wanted to slap him which I did but that still didn't felt enough. I wanted to hurt him like he did to me but I won't. I wasn't like him.

"We need to talk." He said snapping me out of my thoughts. "There is nothing to talk about." I said ready to walk away but he grabbed my arm as I was walking past him and pulled me towards him with a jerk. I gasped looking into his eyes.