30. Confusions

Flatline, flatline, flatline, flatlineLately you've been busyWonderin' if you miss meWhy did you go against me? I just wanna knowHow come you act so different?Talk to me, I'll listenAll the love I'm givin', don't act like you don't know

Lately you've been busy
Wonderin' if you miss me
Why did you go against me? I just wanna know
How come you act so different?
Talk to me, I'll listen
All the love I'm givin', don't act like you don't know

Justin's P.O.V

I was changing my clothes when Charlotte barged into the room. "Why did you sing that song?" She asked immediately. I look all over at her face, noticing that her breaths were sharp and heavy and she had a deep frown on her face.

"What do you mean? What song?" I asked. I clearly knew about what song she was talking about. "The song you performed Justin." She said. "Fans love that song. It was for them." I shrugged. "Don't play with me, Justin! Just tell me why? There was another intention other than fans love that songs, wasn't there?" She said taking a deep breath.

"Are you hiding something?" She asked softly making me tense. "You wanted to tell me something, right? You didn't only sang that song because people love it, you sang it because you wanted to say something to me which you couldn't talk about easily, right?" She asked and I grew even more tense. Yes, I did sing that song for Charlotte. I couldn't say what I want to say through my words and sentences so I sang them. But I cannot tell her just yet. "No, it was nothing like that. Why don't you go to sleep? It's getting late." I said turning away from her.

"Justin please don't do this. Tell me what is was?" She begged making my heart break. She needs to go. "I said it's nothing Charlotte. Now leave me alone!" I yelled at her. I heard her heavy breathing and in few seconds she was gone. I heard the door slam behind me. I threw my t-shirt on the bed. "Fuck, why didn't I tell her?" I hissed before punching the wall.

______________

I was working on a song when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up and saw Charlotte looking nervous and scared. Like she feared me.

"Yeah?" I asked in low voice. "I have some friends over and we are having movie night. If y-you want, you can join us." She said nervously. "Why are you nervous and scared?" I couldn't help but ask. I saw her eyes widening before she cleared her throat looking down. "It's n-nothing." She said while biting her bottom lip nervously. I nodded even though I didn't believed her. "Okay, I'll be downstairs in few." I said licking my lips and she nodded. "I-I should go. They must be waiting." She said before walking away.

I continued writing, until realisation hit me. Shit, I yelled at her last night. No wonder she was scared. I had never ever yelled at her in anger. She must hadn't expected it coming and now got scared.

"Fuck." I cursed myself under my breath. Why am I such a dickhead? I need to apologize to her.

I kept my journal and pencil aside before getting up.