21. Trouble In Paradise

It's okay tonot be okay

It's okay to
not be okay.

Charlotte's P.O.V

Please don't try to kiss me on the sidewalk

I quietly listened to the song. I wouldn't dare to say a word. I didn't wanted to say a word. Silence. That's all I wanted at the moment. And I actually was getting it. I could tell Justin was also in a bad mood today, just like me. The only difference is that he's arguing while I'm just sitting in silence.

Thinking over and over again about the reason which made me the way I was today. I was mad, confused and sad. I wanted to scream. I wanted to talk but I couldn't let it out without feeling like someone was choking me. I couldn't get anything out of my mouth. My throat felt heavy as if it wanted to let out a sob which I was holding onto God know how long.

That's the difference between me and Justin right now. He's letting his frustration out while I am containing it in.

I could hear him argue and disagree.

"Why does she have to do it? Why can't we just let her stay out of this fucked up thing." I heard him say furiously. "She's already a part of this  thing. She has been a part of this since the world saw you with her. We cannot hide here from her whole life." Scooter said back. He was calm. He wanted to talk about it calmly.

He was right.

I already was exposed to it.

I knew they were talking about me. Justin was having a interview in a week and apparantly they also wanted to interview me. Justin doesn't want me to be relieved into this fame world where the interviewers will bombard me with questions and then my privacy would be taken away from me and I would be judged by the whole world but I am already exposed to it.

But that's not my concern. I don't care about this interview and I could careless about it. If I have to do it, then I will and if I don't, I won't. End of the topic for me.

I already had a lot in my plate to think. That's my bad habit, I overthink. A lot. And I don't tell people about it easily. That's my problem which I want to change, but I cannot. I had been like this since childhood, I struggle with talking about my feelings, I struggle in talking about something that is bothering me. I try and I always think made my point to people but I haven't and they end up judging me. That's my problem, I should have tried to say it more clearly. I should have said it.

And it got worse since I hit puberty. I try to keep my problems to myself which I should have talked to anyone. They say talking makes everything better, but how? If I talk about my parents and cry to someone, they aren't coming back, are they? No. They aren't. But talking does help you feel lightweight for sometime. It makes you feel like finally somebody is listening. They understand. They will help me.

I wanted to talk to Justin about it but he already has a lot in his plate. I don't want to make him even more angry. He doesn't deserve it. But I can't keep this thing to myself. I need to tell someone. Someone who I could trust with this. Then something or should I say someone clicked in my mind.