32. "How Could You?"

We used to be close, but people can goFrom people you know to people you don'tAnd what hurts the most is people can goFrom people you know to people you don't

From people you know to people you don't
And what hurts the most is people can go
From people you know to people you don't

Charlotte's P.O.V

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked Emma. She called me around fifteen minutes ago saying she had to tell me something very important. So, here I was in her bedroom waiting for her to speak up.

"Did you bring it?" She asked immediately. "Yeah, I did. But why did you asked me to bring it?" I asked taking the box out of my handbag.
Yeah, I forgot to mention. She also told me to bring that note, I got few weeks ago.

"Okay." She sighed. "I have a theory." She said. "Is it MCU theory?" I asked excitedly and she gave me look. "No. I think Mason was the one who sent you this note." She said pointing towards the box while held the note.

"What!?" I asked confused. "Are you out of your mind? Why would he sent me that?" I asked. Mason cannot do that, can he? From past few days, he had been nothing but sweet and caring towards me. He always managed to make me smile when I didn't want to. Why would he do that? Why would he want to take away my happiness?

"Charlotte, have you even read the fuckin' note carefully?" She said. "What nonsense you are talking. I had read it million times." I said. Which was true. I had read this note more than million times trying to think who could had sent it to me.

"Well read it again." She said. I rolled my eyes taking the note out of it's box and reading it out loud.

"I know about your little secret Q-Tip."

I looked at her and she face palmed here. "You are dumb." She said.

"The note had written Q-Tip over it. Who else calls you Q-Tip? Mason. Remember when you both were dating, he was the one who used to call you Q-Tip all the time. When he came to apologize, he almost called you Q-Tip, don't you remember?" She said and realisation hit me.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath. I remember all those times when Mason used to call me Q-Tip. And the note also had Q-Tip written on it. When he came to apologize and start over, he almost called me Q-Tip.

"Hey Q-Ti--I mean Charlotte."

He was going to call me Q-Tip but he corrected himself on time.

But why would he do it?

"But why?" I choked out. "Because he wants you, Charlotte. Not only that he was the one who threatened Justin because he got pictures of you both from your birthday party." She said and my eyes grew widen.

"Why didn't Justin tell me about it then? There must had been some confusion. If Mason was behind it, Justin would had told me." I said licking my lips.

Emma groaned.

"Do you think I am lying here!?" She said. "What? No but there must had been some confusion, Em. What if someone else did it and wrote Q-Tip because they knew the blame would go on Mason." I said. "That's not possible, Charlotte. You don't believe me? Fine! Go to Mason's house after school with him. Make a excuse of homework. And when he isn't present around his phone then you can check it. I am sure, you'll find some fuckin' pictures in it." She spat.