Chapter 1: Reincarnation

Ye Ci sat on the observation floor of Glory Corporation's main building.

By her side lay the trophy she had just obtained: Fate's Second Battle of the Kings, Solo PVP Runner Up.

As Ye Ci lowered her head to take a glance at the crystal trophy, she felt an emptiness within her heart.

She rummaged through the pocket of her coat and retrieved the cigarettes that she had just bought.

Ye Ci never smoked, but today, she felt tempted to smoke one. Lighting the cigarette she had in her mouth with ineptitude, Ye Ci took a deep puff and immediately gagged. She looked up into the night sky and grimaced.

Ye Ci caressed the trophy with her slender fingers and raised the trophy up high before shouting in a hoarse voice, "Mum, dad, I did it. But why don't I feel the slightest bit of happiness?"

"Look, I got a trophy. I have become strong. I'm standing at the top, but why am I not happy!?" In this bustling city with neon lights lighting up the skyline, nobody noticed the tiny lone human being.

She cupped her face with her hands. It was dry, devoid of even a single drop of tear. "Is this what I deserved? Is this what I get for turning my back on everything for the sake of becoming stronger?" Ye Ci screamed in agony.

In the next moment, a laughter that she could not suppress left her mouth.

"I turned my back on everything? I became stronger? The truth is, I was abandoned by everybody else. What have I done to possess the achievement I have today? I angered dad to death, mom left, and I've abandoned all my friends. I was notorious back then. I thought that I was special, I thought that nobody could understand me. The truth is, I am trash."

"But now..."

Ye Ci closed her eyes. Her mind was overwhelmed by the embarrassment she felt when her right to join the competition had been denied just because she didn't have any teammates, just because she didn't have any friends.

"Fate is not about individual strength, as the strength of an individual comes from the people surrounding them. Miss Ye, I'm sorry, but the essence of the Battle of Kings is group battle. Without a group that is willing to accept you, we have no choice but to refuse your entry."

No groups were willing to accept her...

Hehe, how could any group be willing to accept her!

She was the number 1 Sorceress in Fate, yet the most callous and black-hearted one as well. She had never offered assistance to a single soul in her 10 years of playing Fate.

Even in real life, she was the embodiment of selfishness and cruelty.

After pulling out her cellphone, Ye Ci dialed one of the few numbers that were stored in it. She was lonely. She wanted to speak to someone, anyone.

"Sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service."

......

90% of the few numbers stored in her phone were no longer in service. Exactly how long ago had she lost contact with other human beings?

The cursor on the screen stopped at the last number. It was a number that she was extremely familiar with, and it represented the final sliver of warmth within the depths of her heart. That person...he might still be around. She dialed after a moment of hesitation.

"Sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service."

The cold voice of the receiver seemed to have sapped Ye Ci of all her energy. Her situation was laughable. Was there anybody else in this world who was like her? Seemingly glamorous on the surface, yet isolated from her kin.