Chapter 19: Icy Cave Hard Mode

As Ol' Three was happily devouring his meal, Ye Ci could hear the chime of a private message. "Little Ci, Little Ci, are you there?"

It was Leftie (Yi Cang), "Yes? Anything going on, Yi Cang?"

"Brother He created his guild just now. We've all joined it. Let's join in too!"

Steel Blooded Battle Spear was formed? It did not even take two days. Ye Ci was stunned. "Ok, get somebody to add me." Ye Ci replied after Yi Cang blabbered impatiently.

"Sure, wait a moment!"

Ye Ci continued feeding roasted meat to Ol' Three after Yi Cang's voice faded away. She planned to learn Cooking in the city. She could no longer satisfy Ol' Three's appetite.

"Peacock Blue invited you to join 'Steel Blooded Battle Spear'."

"Confirm."

"System will teleport you to the guild encampment once for free. Do you want to be teleported?"

Ye Ci thought about it for a moment. The guild encampment lead straight into the city. If she teleported at this moment, it would save her the time of travelling. Since she had caught a pet and could not clear Icy Cave on Hard Mode, why not go to the guild encampment and then select a major city to bind her City Recalling Crystal to?

Ye Ci selected the option "Yes" and she was transported along with Ol' Three to the encampment.

Steel Blooded Battle Spear was obviously still recruiting. The encampment was chaotic with people walking all over the place. The encampment was still lacking a lot of necessary facilities, and the guild chat was bustling with activities as well.

Ye Ci walked towards the NPC guard in the guild encampment after muting her guild chat. Steel Blooded Battle Spear was still a level 1 guild. The encampment NPC could provide guild members with a buff that would increase their hitpoints for 10% for 3 hours. The NPC could also transport guild members to different main cities.

After receiving her buff, Ye Ci confirmed the location of Steel Blooded Battle Spear members in each of the main cities. After making comparisons, Ye Ci chose the Red Lake City, which was not bound by any Steel Blooded Battle Spear members to the City Recalling Crystal. She paid 1 silver coin and was transported to the city.

Red Lake City was very developed. The huge red lake in the middle of the city was its namesake. This was a rather scenic city. Doing business in the city could be a chore for someone who could not afford a boat ride. One must swim across the lake or traverse half the city to get to their destination.

Ye Ci located and reported to the Mayor in the city hall. After skipping his dialogue, Ye Ci was directed to an administrative officer by the mayor. Ye Ci bound her City Recalling Crystal with the help of the officer and received a repeatable quest: Clear away the rubbish around Red Lake City.

Similar quests were offered in every major city. But these quests were generally avoided by players at the start of the game as they had low experience, gold, and prestige reward.

Ye Ci knew, however, that carrying on such quest would raise her prestige in the city and allow her to receive a special reward from the mayor. Regrettably, Ye Ci had yet to receive any special rewards from a city as she had always been switching her bound city to avoid assassination attempts by her rivals.

The special reward was obtained by doing the repeatable quests. If the quest was interrupted, the player had to start the quest all over again.

As Ye Ci was carrying a broomstick around cleaning the city, Liu Chang was looking for her in the guild encampment. Leftie and Gleaming Sunshine were finally lvl 8 while Liu Chang was lvl 8. She was planning to look for a healer, whereupon the five of them would attempt to clear Icy Cave on Hard difficulty.