Chapter 193

Chapter 193 Jealousy and Suspicion are the Most Potent Poison

After their detailed discussion about Ol' Four's figure, Bai Mo finally remembered the question he had for Ye Ci, "Wait a second... This is not what I'm here for! Who the hell wants to talk about that oversized pet of yours? So, tell me, do you have anything to do with the red Dragon?"

"I'll say this again. This is a game themed after Western Fantasy. There's no such thing as ley lines and players messing up with the chi of that area!"

"Then, have you taken part in that battle?"

"Yup."

"Have you seen that red Dragon up close?" Bai Mo was very interested in Altera. His eyes lit up, as if he was asking about his crush.

"Yup." Ye Ci narrowed her eyes as she thought about her encounter with Altera. Truth to be told, Altera was one of the most gorgeous among the Dragonia. Of course, she looked just like any other Dragon-type monsters that existed in Fate. However, Ye Ci could not forget the beauty of Altera that has taken a humanoid form.

That was one of the reasons why Ye Ci had surge a deep impression of Altera. Despite giving players much hardships in their attempts to clear her main questline, it was all worth it when Altera transformed herself into her humanoid form.

The domineering air around Altera that would make the skies dim in comparison and her stunning beauty were something that Ye Ci would remember even after 20 more years.

"What are you thinking about?" Bai Mo nudged Ye Ci on her hand, drawing her attention.

"Oh, it's nothing." Ye Ci snapped back into reality, but her close in encounter with Altera was still fresh in her mind. She looked forward in meeting the former Dragon Queen once again.

"Did you die?"

"Huh?" with her mind filled with thoughts about the red Dragon Altera, Ye Ci did not pay attention to Bai Mo's words.

"Didn't they say that all the players who have had the misfortune of encountering the red Dragon were burned to death? Since you've seen it as well, did you die?"

Ye Ci smiled, "If I die just by seeing the Dragon, am I still Gongzi You?"

Bai Mo was astonished. He looked at Ye Ci with amazement written all over his face, "Did you use a hack or something? How can you not die?"

Ye Ci snorted at Bai Mo, "Do you know that every city in Fate is protected by a shield?"

Bai Mo narrowed his eyes after listening to Ye Ci's words, "You joined the battle, but you're in the city when the Dragon appeared... How could you! You abandoned the rest of the players!"

Ye Ci narrowed her eyes at well. She stared at Bai Mo with a strange expression, not betraying a single thought. She spun a piece of lettuce between her white slender fingers, and spoke up slowly after a brief moment, "What did you just say?"

Only an idiot would repeat those words. As a self-proclaimed genius, Bai Mo would never follow Ye Ci's instruction. He shook his head, and pretended to be very intent on sorting the vegetables placed on the table, "I said nothing. You must've misheard me."

"I said... Repeat what you told me again." Ye Ci raised an eyebrow, amused by Bai Mo's response.

Bai Mo rolled his eyes at her. Thinking that he was safe, he repeated his words earlier on, and was met with silence from Ye Ci. Bai Mo was anxious, "Oi oi... You're the one who made me repeat what I said. Don't you get angry at me okay?"

Bai Mo's anxiety was further amplified when Ye Ci remained silent. It was as if she did not hear his words. Bai Mo was curious. He had been making little jokes here and there and teased Ye Ci a lot since they were wrong. Is she really angry? Why does she look like she's planning something? Have I touched a nerve there?